Question about 2004 Honda Pilot
I have 2 door that will not lock or unlock with the remote or switch on door
It is because the door actuator is bad in those doors.
Replacements can be found at the dealership for around $60 or on Ebay for as little as $10. Number 5/24 in the diagram below. Actuator part # Left Side 72155-S5P-A11 & the Right side 72115-S6A-J01.
Expect to set aside at least 1-2 hours on the first replacement, lesser time on the ones afterwards. Be careful not to push parts in directions that they shouldn't be pushed in. Don't break any plastic parts/metal rods or connections - take your time.
1. Remove the plastic tab under the inner door latch.
2. Open the 2 small black colored screws.
3. Carefully swing the door latch attachment out by moving it down and out. Remove the rod and the electrical connection - there's a slot to press and pull-out.
4. Use a flat screw driver to carefully pry the window opening plastic area (its one piece and includes the cup holder). Remove the electrical connection - there's a slot to press and pull-out. Open the screw beneath the arm rest.
5. Use a flat tool (I used a metal putty 5-in-1 tool) to slide between the door metal and plastic areas - pull the plastic buttons/connections off, you'll hear them pop. Slide the door out.
6. Gently open the white plastic sheet about a quarter of the way from the top right down so you can reach in the actuator area (near the door latch - at the end of door with 3 screws). Remove the window guardrail, if its in the way - use a 3/8 bolt.
7. Use correct amount of force, without stripping them, open the 3 screws at the door latch.(Best to use a Handheld Impact Driver)
8. Take a good look at the connections inside. Disconnect the electrical connections (two of them) on the lock actuator.
9. Gently but forcefully (without breaking any plastic or other parts), push the metal connectors back and carefully remove the door lock actuator assembly from the door.
10. Replace with new actuator and assemble in reverse.
Posted on Oct 13, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Door locks don't work
Disassemble the paneling on left side ,under the steering wheel. Remove all screws and pull out the panel until you can you can reach behind it to remove the two Black Relays, on the side closest to Steering wheel. Remove the Relay covers, Clean the contacts with a 1/8 fine strip of 600 wet/dry sand paper. Only place the paper between the contacts, and pull out while holding slight pressure on the relay Armature. Turn over the sandpaper and repeat once again. Very gently press the TOP resting contact pad closer to the armature, to lessen the gap between the contact points, so the armature doesn't have to travel as far to reach the closed contact position. Repeat the above with the other2nd Relay. Replace the covers, reinstall the relays And test the Door locks prior to buttoning up the paneling. Note, a pair of long needle nosed pliers will help in removing the relays. Just Grip the relay and rock in Forward and Backward as you apply upward pressure.
Posted on Oct 09, 2008
You have to take it to the dealer and it will cost $280. I had my driver door die first...now the passenger behind the driver :-(
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
I have a 2004 honda pilot.The passinger door and the back door behind the driver seat will not lock or unlock with remote or with door lock switch,What can I do to fix it?
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
SOURCE: Drivers Door Lock Problem
You will probably need to replace the power door lock actuator.
Here's a link to one similar to yours.
You can probably get a used one from a salvage yard.
Try this site to find one near you:
If you need more help post a comment.
Posted on May 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2017 | 2009 Chevrolet Equinox
May 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 18, 2011 | 1999 Toyota Camry Solara
Oct 10, 2010 | Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2010 | 2004 GMC Yukon
Mar 29, 2010 | 2004 Mazda 6
Nov 09, 2009 | 2006 Saturn Vue
Dec 24, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Oct 13, 2008 | 1995 Toyota Avalon
1,549 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: