Re: KEY WILL NOT UNLOCK DOOR AFTER INSTALLING NEW BATTERY
First dissconect the battery and try to turn door key with no voltage applied to vehicle. This will ensure it is not a damaged key. If door locks turn, reconnect battery. Hopefully during disconnect your electronic door locks de-energized. If keys don't work with battery disconnected then the fault doesn't have to do with your battery or electric locks at all. If they work with a disconnected battery and not with it connected you are have an electrical short, either in a switch it's self or the wiring to the door lock switches. In this case I recommend taking the vehicle to a shop for repairs, electrical can get in depth without proper tools and diagrams
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
thats how its suppose to work the key resets alarm ==by a fob online for a few dollars and program to car [free program] ==when you use key to unlock and enter vehicle you have a few seconds after opening door to turn vehicle on or start it and doing so resets alarm when you leave vehicle and lock it alarm is active
unlock with key and hold key over for 30 secs(windows may go down)then lock with key and hold over for 30 secs(windows may go up)then press remote unlock button and hold for 30 secs,you have just reset system...the closer you have to get to the car for the remote to work the lower the battery power.sensor on top of dash(little black dimple)rarely,if at all, goes wrong.....
You lost your program of the key module follow these instructions.
To Program a Remote for a VW
Put your good key in the ignition and turn to "ON", do not start the engine. Make sure all the remotes you want to use are present because they have to be programmed at the same time. - Close the door and insert key #2 into the driver's side lock. Lock the door. -Within 5 seconds of locking the door, press unlock 2 times on the new remote, key #2. -(if this is remote #3, press unlock 3 times. if this is remote #4, press unlock 4 times). -If there's a chirp or beep do not press it again. This means that the car has recognized the new keyless entry remote. - Repeat with other remote or unlock the car and turn off - done.
On some cars/trucks/SUV's, the alarm will go off if the car is unlocked with the key or if the door is opened (even from inside the car with the alarm set). Unlocking with a key does not always turn off a car alarm. Best advice, go to the dealership to get a new key-less entry remote, or get a new alarm installed with a remote to override the original alarm system.
It is entirely possible that the unlock button on the remote is worn such that it is not making contact. I've seen this happen many times, as the unlock button is pressed so much more than lock. You might try to reprogram the remote first before you look into getting a new remote. The procedure goes like this.
Close and lock all doors
Key in and out of the ignition 6 times, hazard lights should flash twice
Turn key into accessory or on position
Unlock and lock doors with drivers switch
Press lock or unlock on remote
Hazards should flash again to verify recognition
turn key off
manually unlock door and then open and shut it.
you should then be able to test remote.
The key to the procedure is doing step two quickly
Hope this helps, if not you may need another remote or see dealer.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (DO NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.