How do i replace the fuel pump in my 1993 mazda 626 2.5
1. Relieve the fuel pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. If not already removed, depress the clips on each end of the rear seat cushion and remove the cushion.
3. If not already done, detach the electrical connector from the fuel pump/sending unit.
4. Remove the attaching screws from the fuel pump/sending unit access cover and remove the cover.
5. Disconnect the fuel supply and return hoses from the fuel pump/sending unit.
6. Remove the attaching screws and the fuel pump/sending unit from the fuel tank.
7. Detach the sending unit electrical connector, remove the sending unit attaching nuts and remove the sending unit from the fuel pump assembly.
1. Attach the sending unit to the fuel pump assembly and install the nuts. attach the sending unit electrical connector.
2. Install the fuel pump/sending unit into the fuel tank with a new gasket and install the mounting screws.
3. Connect the fuel supply and return lines.
4. Install the access cover and the mounting screws.
5. Attach the sending unit electrical connector.
6. Position the rear seat cushion over the floor, making sure to align the retaining pins with the clips. Push down firmly until the two retaining pins are locked into the rear seat retaining clips.
7. Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for proper system operation and for fuel leaks.
Jun 13, 2009 |
1993 Mazda 626