Question about 1996 Subaru Legacy
This is what happens sometimes when engine has been run and is warm, and i try to start it:
1. Turn key
2. All dash lights come on - temp gauge in the middle.
3. Starter cranks - no start.
4. Try again, starter cranks - sounds sick.
5. Try again, while starter is going, rev arrow leaps to 7000, then drops to 0 - no start.
6. Try again, no sound from starter just a clicking noise.
7. Wait another 20 secs, try again wth accelerator slightly depressed
8. Car finally starts after sum hard cranking.
I turn it off and start it up again - no problems.
This problem happens intermittently but only when engine is warm.
It has a new Airflow meter, fuel filter, air filter, battery, platnium plugsreplaced 40000k ago, fuel pump relay is ok - I replaced/checked allthese to see if it fixes problem but it doesnt. Any ideas?
Sounds like you have a problem with your fuel injectors, either they are working to much or not enough once they get warm....
Take it to a shop ant tell them you want the injectors tested.
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2014 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 23, 2014 | 2003 Kia Rio
Jan 11, 2014 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks
Oct 25, 2013 | 2000 Ford Focus
Dec 04, 2011 | 1992 GMC Sierra K1500
Jan 20, 2010 | 1994 Honda Civic
Nov 21, 2008 | 1996 Subaru Legacy
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: