Question about 1996 Subaru Legacy
This is what happens sometimes when engine has been run and is warm, and i try to start it:
1. Turn key
2. All dash lights come on - temp gauge in the middle.
3. Starter cranks - no start.
4. Try again, starter cranks - sounds sick.
5. Try again, while starter is going, rev arrow leaps to 7000, then drops to 0 - no start.
6. Try again, no sound from starter just a clicking noise.
7. Wait another 20 secs, try again wth accelerator slightly depressed
8. Car finally starts after sum hard cranking.
I turn it off and start it up again - no problems.
This problem happens intermittently but only when engine is warm.
It has a new Airflow meter, fuel filter, air filter, battery, platnium plugsreplaced 40000k ago, fuel pump relay is ok - I replaced/checked allthese to see if it fixes problem but it doesnt. Any ideas?
Sounds like you have a problem with your fuel injectors, either they are working to much or not enough once they get warm....
Take it to a shop ant tell them you want the injectors tested.
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2014 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 23, 2014 | 2003 Kia Rio
Jan 11, 2014 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks
Oct 25, 2013 | 2000 Ford Focus
Dec 04, 2011 | 1992 GMC Sierra K1500
Jan 20, 2010 | 1994 Honda Civic
Nov 21, 2008 | 1996 Subaru Legacy
423 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: