a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sep 1, 2011 - Uploaded by tyreeztt
Also if your remote isn't working with a new battery please check out this ... TO - Change the battery and quick fix your car remote / keyless entry ...
Apr 17, 2010 - After I changed the battery, it would no longer lock / unlock the doors. ... I can start the call and all .. its just the door and trunk lock / unlock function that does not seem to work . ... now your fob is learned... the keyless entry goes into a "sleep" mode to preserve the batt.. if u do not use the ... Still don't work .
CarGurusAug 17, 2009 - i change my battery an now my lock an un lock buttons dont work on my remote how o i reprogram it? ... I have a Hyundai 2003 Tiburon, and the followingworked for me, get ... However for a replacement keyless remote fob, you will have to go to ... And no, they don't do it for free (ranges from $30-$50 in my ...
Key fobs that don't permit entry can be a major hassle for drivers, but fortunately, there... Drivers with a bit of basic electronics experience are often able to replace their ...After confirming that a remote is faulty, try replacing its battery. ... like "Jeep Wranglerkeyless remote," to find listings that will work with specific vehicles.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
To figure out if you have factory keyless entry,place the key in the ignition and turn it foreward 5 times in 10 seconds. This means forward just till the dash lights come on, but do not start it. If the doors lock and then unlock, you've entered programming mode and you have a factory system. You'll need to get on line and purchase a factory remote, (I didn't see any on Ebay) and following this guude:
- Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. (this may take 8 times) - All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. - Press any button on 1st transmitter. - Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. - Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). - Turn ignition to OFF. - Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
If u have the system here is how you program it this is from the owners guide.
1.. Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. 2. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR quarter panel area (Connector will not be plugged into anything, it will have two pins inside it, if you have to unlug it you have the WRONG one. Not all vehicles are set up from factory for keyless remotes) All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. 3. Press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 4. If programming a second keyless remote, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 5. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode
1.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. 2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. 4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
The code is on the fuse box under the dash near the hood release. On my van there are two bar codes on a sticker attached to the fuse box. Under the first bar code, on the right side is the 5 digit code (bring your glasses the numbers are really small). After you get this code, just search the internet and there are plenty of forums on programing the keyless remote and also adding your own unique number to the key pad entry.
THE CODE IS A PAPER TAG ON THE KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, THIS MODULE IS LOCATED BEHIND THE LARGE TRIM PANEL ON THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE CARGO AREA. THERE IS NO GENERIC CODE. MY BACKGROUND IS: 10 YEAR FORD FACTORY CERTIFIED ELECTRONICS MASTER TECHNICIAN.