what is P13K?
check the fuse first. dealer can hook up NGS Tester and get fault codes to see what is wrong.
Principles of Operation
The generic electronic module (GEM) will not activate the rear wiper system if either the liftgate or the liftgate glass is ajar. If either the liftgate or the liftgate glass becomes ajar while the rear wiper is in operation, the GEM will park the rear wiper motor.
There are two distinct modes of wiper operation:
- Off Mode: In this mode, there is no rear wiper activity, and the wiper motor will be in the PARK position.
- Interval Mode: This mode is selected when the rear wiper switch is in either the Interval 1 or 2 position. When this mode is selected, the rear wiper motor is driven up onto the glass by activating the rear wiper UP relay. When the wiper motor HIGH/LOW/PARK position input reaches the high position, the UP relay is deactivated and the DOWN relay is activated to reverse the wiper motor direction. When the wiper motor reaches the LOW position, as determined by the HIGH/LOW/PARK position input, the GEM deactivates the DOWN relay and will begin a new wiper cycle 1 to 10 seconds later, depending on the interval position selected.
To engage the rear window washer, rotate the rear window washer selector downward to the WASH position. The rear window wiper will run as long as the WASH position is selected. When the rear window washer selector returns to the OFF, INT 1 or INT 2 position, the washer will stop immediately, but the rear window wiper will continue for two to three sweeps and then return to its previous mode of operation.
The low washer fluid indicator chime warns that the washer fluid level is low. The low washer fluid indicator chime is a single tone with a duration of one second. The chime will sound when the low washer fluid indicator is initially activated.
The low washer fluid indicator warns that the fluid level in the washer reservoir is low. The low washer fluid indicator will illuminate when the washer fluid level is low and the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
The low washer fluid indicator will deactivate when the washer fluid reservoir is filled and the ignition switch has been cycled from RUN to OFF, then to RUN.
Inspection and Verification
- The wiper/washer system is a generic electronic module (GEM) controlled system; refer to Section 419-10 .
- Verify the customer concern by operating the wiper/washer system.
- Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical and electrical damage.
Visual Inspection Chart
- Hoses to windshield washer pump
- Wiper linkage
- Fuses 6 (5A), 8 (5A), 15 (5A), and 20 (5A)
- Wiring harness
- Loose or corroded connector(s)
- Multifunction switch
- Washer fluid level switch
- The wipers are inoperative — rear
- Fuses 6 (5A), 8 (5A), 15 (5A), and 20 (5A).
- Multifunction switch (wiper/washer switch).
- Rear wiper up relay.
- Rear wiper down relay.
- Rear wiper motor.