Question about 2003 Saturn VUE
Would like to get diagram to put belt back on, had to change out alternator but cant get the back on!
1. Remove battery terminals and secure them away from the battery posts using nylon wire ties.
1a. Fine some comfortable eye glasses (clear or yellow) and keep them on. There are plenty of opportunities to get debris in your eyes during this procedure.
2. Spray "PB Blaster" (loosens bolts) on two bolts that secures alternator.
3. Jack-up vehicle on side to access alternator. Use a jackstand to support.
4. Using a 10mm open-ended wrench, loosen the bolt that swings the alternator. Screwing the bolt "in" or toward the engine will allow play to increase in the alternator belt. Loosen the 12mm bolt slightly next to the 10mm bolt (approximately 1.5" toward engine).
5. Continue to loosen 10mm bolt until there is enough slack in the belt to remove the belt from the alternator pulley.
6. Remove belt. It may be possible to remove belt without removing fan faring. Maybe not. If not, you will need to remove plastic fairing. If you must remove fair, go below fan fairing and disassemble connectors that hold together pieces of fan fairing. Carefully remove.
7. Install alternator fan from above.
8. Check that alternator belt is on all tracks (from below with a flashlight), and slowly tighten.
9. Secure 10mm and 12mm bolts. Recheck tightness.
10. Reassemble battery connection and run vehicle at idle for about 5 minutes. Check belt for proper tension.
11. CAREFULLY check tension of belt. Or disassemble battery connections and re-check belt tension.
12. Reassemble fan fairing (if not already assembled), re-connect battery terminals, and have a nice day. :-)
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
SOURCE: porsche boxster alternator belt
some porsches adjust belt tension by adding or removing shims between the two pulley halfs.take the nut off the pulley insert the belt put thebelt,outer pulley and nut back on.
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
Buy a Haynes auto repair manual. They are available at most parts stores. Not only will it tell you how to replace the alternator belt. but will come in handy when other problems pop up.
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2014 | 1995 Isuzu Rodeo
May 30, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Nov 15, 2009 | 1998 Ford Escort
Sep 05, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Sentra
Jul 04, 2009 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Jan 20, 2009 | 1994 Buick LeSabre
Dec 21, 2008 | 1991 Pontiac 6000
Aug 11, 2008 | Hyundai Accent Cars & Trucks
289 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: