The PCM (ECU does that) its part of what is called EFI, electronic fuel injection, it's a computer, that gets inputs, and uses those inputs to injector perfectly at ALL times.
what engine? 3cy. or 4? is it TBI injected or MPI injected
1 injector or 4? we need to know that first.
does it run on test fuel for 3 seconds.
when was last time it run perfect, last week last year. what?
first off stop guessing, you can go broke that way.
want to diagnosis it? the steps are easy. if fuel is good..
- fuses good.?
- CEL lamp glow keyon, if not ECU is bad. or bulb , it must glow.
- compression over 150PSI on all cyl. (w.o.t = wide open throttle)
- do a 60k, mile tune up yet, filters, spark,. and cam timing belt.?
- if not, why wait?
- 6: is spark good tall cylinders not just 1? is the timing way off if yes, the cam belt did slip, do not fiddle tiiming, fix the belt. first.
- ok it now magically runs on test fuel for 3 seconds and sounds great. so we do fueling last.
- fuel pressure tests are next. takes $20 gauge got one?
- ill stop here, as fueling tests are long play.l..... ask. if you can get to step 9,
I think all 94 metors are TBI engines, one injector
up to 1997 inclusive.
then the 1998 offered 4cyl, MPI injected engine.
have you learned how to use flash codes (DTC) yet?
insert jumper , key on, see CEL lamp glow and flash 12s'
the crank for 5seconds, see if the flashes go to 41 or 42?
bingo if yes.
the TBI allows the mech to watch injection, at the TB.
with top hose off. you can watch it inject as person 2 cranks.
the ECU brain cuts fuel at the first sign of:
- lost spark (to stop fires)
- lost Cmp sensor, same .
- TPS ground wire busted and ecu things foot is W.O.T (super secret unflood mode) (or TPS cracked in half inside)
or total loss of fuel pressure.