Make sure battery cables are secure on or into the battery and not loose. If cables are loose it will cause your alternater to fail therfore not fully keeping battery charged. If battery cables are not loose replace battery.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dome light means your refering to the interior light then if so look at the door switches as one of them is damaged or fallen apart and touching earth causing the light to stay on ,most like switch to fail is the drivers door as this gets the most use .
Remove fuse labelled "dome" on engine compartment fuse box. unfortunately this also isolates the radio. I have found when re connecting battery alarm goes off. remove "dome" fuse and then replace it. all ok then.
you may have to disconnect the battery for a minute or so ,this will reset the alarm. check your remote it does have a battery in it. otherwise you have to look for a fuse somewhere under the dash close to the fuse box.each one is diff. depending if it original toyota or aftermarket alarm.
I could be a door switch.
1. switch dome light to door
2. close all the doors
3. open each door one by one. if the dome light comes on then you know that switch is good.
4. closed the door and wait for the dome light to turn off then move on to the next door.
5. If you find a door that does not turn on the dome light than bingo you have a bad door switch.
* the door switch may be your problem because of the constant abuse of slamming, closing , and opening the doors.
* This test is not 100%. it is just a visual test. and sometimes with a simple visual test you can diagnose your problem while saving time, and $
Check to make sure that the 15 amp TAIL fuse, the 15 amp DOME fuse and the 15 amp CIG fuse are all good. If you have taillamps that light, a dome light that lights, and the cigar lighter works, you need to replace the clock.