Question about 1994 Chevrolet Camaro

1 Answer

Hose on front of water pump. Heater hose?

I have looked in various manuals and cannot find what hose is the one
coming out of the front of the water pump and around to the passenger
side of the car along the chasis or goes inside the chasis. The hose
is leaking at the connection to the water pump, and I want to replace
it.. Everything I look up is a Heater hose that does not even look like
what is on it... It is a 1994 LT1 V-8 Camaro Z28. Any help would be

Posted by on

  • ptuski Nov 18, 2008

    Yes, I found out that it is a heater hose and it has a flow control inserted right before the

    connection to the Water Pump. I had to go to the Chevy dealer to get a scamatic of the hoses,

    and part number for the Flow control. Thanks for the information. That is what we are going to

    do, cut the hose after the bad section. The flow control broke when the old section was removed.

    Evidently it had never been replaced since the car was new.

  • Anonymous Mar 19, 2014

    where does the small hose (about 8 mls)coming out of the front of the vacuum pump connect to. the larger one is still in place


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 109 Answers

If the hose is long enough, cut a short section [say, inch or two] from the bad end and reinstall the hose and clamp. The rest of the hose is probably OK.

Posted on Nov 17, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where is the coolant pumb in ford escape 2012?

have you looked under the hood for the radiator hoses .bottom one goes to the pump

Sep 10, 2016 | 2012 Ford Escape

1 Answer

Where is the water pump located on a 2013 chevrolet malibu lt

The water pump is located on the passenger side, up towards the front on the side of the engine. easiest way to find is to follow the hoses from the radiator to the pump which will have a pulley attached to it.

Sep 18, 2015 | 2013 Chevrolet Malibu

2 Answers

Water pump

on the front of the engine passenger side towards the axle shaft

Aug 22, 2012 | 2005 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

I have a water leak on the passenger side, bottom of motor. Is the water pump located on the bottom side of this motor?

Normally, the water pump is in the front of the engine. Normally, the pump is belt driven. Look for hoses that go into the motor where the belts are located (fo around a pulley) at the front and the top or near the top of the engine. I am not certain for your make and model. Some cars (some high performance - like police cars) have electric water pumps ... look for a device inside the engine compartment (not the AC, not the power steering pump, not the air pump) that has large (and HOT) hoses going in and out. If your drip is in that area, you may be on to something.

Thanks for your interest in

Sep 17, 2010 | 1998 Saturn SL

2 Answers

Our ford five hundred has a water leak somewhere in the front passenger side of the car. The floor is soaked and it looks to be dripping from under the dash on the passenger side of the dashboard by the...

I had a Fiesta once with a very similar problem. It turned out to be coming in around the seal of the windscreen. I solved it by lifting the seal with a spatula and thoroughly drying the glass and seal (on the outside), and then running silicone all around the edge of the glass, under the seal. (I used black but it wasn't visible anyway). This sorted it for me.

Jul 02, 2010 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Just had radiator replaced, leak has developed around housing/gasket of hose running to passenger side just to side of engine and slightly behind. My mechanic doesn't know what the part is we are looking...

is it actually on the engine? I ask because you say it is to the passenger side and just behind the engine, that makes me think it is a heater hose, the heater hoses go from the water pump to the heater core which is located on the passenger side, the difference between heater hoses and radiator hoses is the size and of course location, heater hoses are generally about 1/2 inch to 1 inch, with radiator hoses being between 1 3/4 and 3 inches

Feb 09, 2010 | 1997 Acura CL

3 Answers

Water leak at front of engine very small amount maybe a gallon every 2 weeks on 5.3 suburban 2002

check your hoses for poor condition and loose clamps. Check the gasket around your water pump as well.

Oct 05, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

1 Answer

Water coming in to front passenger floor when it rains

The heater/airconditioner box under the dash has a drain hose to allow condensation to drain when the air conditioner is running. If this hose gets plugged, rain may accumulate in this box also (if it's raining heavily), as it comes in through the fresh air intake.

Look on the engine side of the firewall, probably on the passenger side, for a hose coming through the firewall that is not connected to anything. It is usually short, has a 90 degree bend, and the open end is down. Make sure that the end of this hose is not plugged.

May 11, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

My 1997 Plymouth Voyager mini van 2.4 liter van is leaking the water on the outside of the van in the front passenger side. Can't find the leak. It leaks when I'm parked and when I'm driving.

well it can only come from the radiator hoses or the water pump...

to check if your water pump is still good just take a flashlight and spot on top of the pump. there should be a little hole on top behind the pulley. if it is damp you have to replace the pump.

besides that just check the hoses one at the time

Apr 29, 2009 | 1997 Plymouth Voyager

Not finding what you are looking for?
1994 Chevrolet Camaro Logo

Related Topics:

234 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

71525 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22059 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

7029 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides