Question about 2003 Lincoln Aviator
The lights will flash on and off quickly but the vehicle will not start, additionally the red light to indicate the car is in park (right next to the ''P'') is staying on indefinitely. What is wrong here?
I had this with less than two years with the car. Dealer replaced the battery under warranty. The Aviator goes crazy when the battery is failing rather than going dead.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Insert new key into ignition cylinder and turn it to the ON (RUN) position. The security light on the dash will flash for fifteen minutes.
2. When the security light stops flashing, you have FIVE minutes to start the next step. Turn the ignition cylinder OFF and then back to the ON (RUN) position. The security light on the dash will flash for fifteen more minutes.
3. When the security light stops flashing, you have FIVE minutes to start the next step. Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF and then back ON (RUN) position. The dash will flash for fifteen more minutes.
4. After the security light stops flashing the third time, the new key has been programmed into the vehicles computer and will operate the car. It has replaced ALL the previous electronic key codes and is the ONLY key programmed into the vehicles computer.
If you want to add a key....
1. Insert an existing key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder to ON (RUN) and back to OFF.
3. Remove the existing key and, within 15 seconds, insert the new key and turn it to ON (RUN).
4. The security light will light up for two seconds to indicate success in programming the key into the vehicle.
5. Don't attempt to start the vehicle with any key for at least 1 minute.
<HR>On-Board Programming Method "C"
for Ford keys (Later 1998-newer Ford, Lincoln, Mercury)
If you want to initiate a new master key....
1. This requires that the vehicle be connected to special dealer equipment. There are two ten minute delays involved while this device erases all existing key programming and sets up the vehicle computer to accept new key codes. Two new keys should be ready because the system requires a minimum of two keys in the program. After the first two keys are programmed, additional keys can be entered individually by following the instructions for adding duplicate keys (below).
If you want to add a key....
**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**
1. Insert and existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (RUN) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay on for at least ONE SECOND.
3. Remove the existing key and, within TEN seconds, insert a second working key and turn it to ON (RUN) and the back OFF. Ignition must be in ON for at least ONE second, but no more than TEN seconds. Remove the key.
4. Insert the new key before TWENTY seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it the ON position for at least ONE secondand turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.
6. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5
As a precautionary measure for all of the above procedures, you should wait at least one minute after you have performed this until you start your vehicle.
Dec 10, 2016 | 1998 Ford Explorer
on Dec 07, 2010 | Infiniti G35 Cars & Trucks
Oct 09, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 17, 2016 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Jul 14, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 22, 2015 | 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
May 04, 2012 | 1994 Nissan Maxima
Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire (+): Black/Yellow
Battery Constant 12v+ Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Positive Wire (+): Blue/Red
Starter Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Positive Wire (+): Red
Ignition Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Accessory Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Parking Light Positive Wire (+): Red
Parking Light Positive Wire Location: Low In Drivers Kick Panel
Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Add Actuator. This vehicle uses a central door locking system. When connecting a keyless entry, you will need to add a door lock actuator and some units will also require (2) extra relays.
Power Door Lock Negative Wire Location: To Drivers Door Only
Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Add Actuator. This vehicle uses a central door locking system. When connecting a keyless entry, you will need to add a door lock actuator and some units will also require (2) extra relays.
Power Door Unlock Negative Wire Location: To Drivers Door Only
Door Trigger Negative Wire (-): Red/White
Door Trigger Negative Wire Location: In Black Plug, Above Hood Release
Domelight Supervision Wire: Use Door Trigger, Requires Relay
Domelight Supervision Wire Location: N/A
Horn Negative Wire (-): Red/Green
Horn Negative Wire Location: At Steering Column Harness
Tachometer Wire Negative Wire (-): Black/Blue
Tachometer Wire Negative Wire Location: At ECM, Under Drivers Side Dash
Brake Light Positive Wire (+): White/Black
Brake Light Positive Wire Location: At Switch Above Brake Pedal
CODE ALARM SYSTEM
Lock: Left button will lock all doors. Double chirp indicates locked.
Unlock: Right button will unlock driver's door only. Hold unlock button app 6 seconds, it will unlock all doors including rear gate. Single chirp indicated unlock.
If the car chirps or lights flash 4x the alarm was triggered.
Panic. Press both buttons to activate emergency honk and flashing lights.
Valet mode: With optional alarm onlyPress the red alarm button on the left of the steering wheel. The light will quickly double flash. To re-set back to normal mode, press the red alarm light button again
Battery failed and lights flashing?
Parking lights will flash when the vehicle's battery is disconnected and reconnected.
To stop lights from flashing, either:
Press remote transmitter "UNLOCK" button once OR turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position and press programming button for one second (see below).
The vehicle interior (courtesy) light and door open warning light (DOOR AJAR indicator) will then illuminate for 60 seconds when the ignition is turned off, or until the doors are locked with the remote transmitter. Yes, the dashboard instrument panel lights will flash when the parking lights flash.
Programming or Overriding the Alarm when you have lost the remote
Open driver's door.
Turn ignition key to 'On'
Press and *hold programming button* in (see diagram, button under dashboard)
After 15 seconds the the door locks will cycle 3 times. Do not release Programming button.
Press lock (left) button the remotes to be programmed. The door locks will cycle one time. Exit programming mode by releasing Programming button under dashboard and turning key to off.
Code Alarm Programming Button is under dashboard on the kick panel by the driver's left knee, left of the steering column. If you can't find it, it might still be tucked up in the wiring harness higher up in that same general area. The botton is recessed in a plastic ring (see diagram).
This button must be pressed while programming remotes or if the battery was disconnected and the lights are flashing.
Jan 05, 2011 | Subaru Impreza Cars & Trucks
Jul 12, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Nov 09, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: