Question about 2008 Chevrolet Impala
When the temperature drops below around 40 degrees, the keyless entry and remote start won't work - unless I'm just a couple of feet from the car. Same result with second remote. Dealer reprogrammed remotes - same issue. Checked batteries on remotes. They are fine. Doubt it's a remote problem, because they weren't exposed to the cold - only the vehicle. Even on warm days, distance is not great. But it works while I'm still in the house.
SOURCE: Reprograming a keyless remote
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram keyless entry system
1991-94 Nissan Maxima key less entry reprogramming procedure:
1. Enter the *original code found under the dashboard.
(*the code begins with the letter F and has 7 digits)
2. Close the doors and lock all of the doors,
enter the 7 digit code ( make sure you have your key in hand).
3. Once the code is entered correctly you will hear a long beep ♪ ♫.
While the beep ♪ ♫ is sounding ... ENTER your NEW 4 digit code, (you will then hear random beeps ♪ ♫)
Do not touch anything until the beeping ♪ ♫ stops.
4. To open the doors, the front windows and the trunk,
type: S(Clear) and the New 4 digit code and the door will open automatically.
5. IF by any chance you forget your new code. Just enter the original one and start all over.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
i had the same problem... go through the menu until you see reprogram remote. hit the check mark button and hold the lock and unlock button until the horn honks. key has to be on car not running though. You will eventually have to do it again but for some reason it will work for a while.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
SOURCE: remote keyless entry not working
KEY FOBS FOR THIS MODEL MUST BE PROGRAMED USING A TECH 2 SCAN TOOL SO IT MUST BE DONE AT THE DEALERSHIP FOR ABOUT HALF HOUR LABOR HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
SOURCE: Key remote stopped working
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, CHANGED OUT BATTERIES IN MY REMOTES AND HAD THEM TESTED AND THEY WORKED FINE. THEY DEALERSHIP STATED IT WAS NOT UNDER WARANTY AND IT WOULD COST $600 TO FIX IT. YOU CAN ONLY REPLACE IT THRU A CHEVY DEALERSHIP. KIND OF A SCAM!
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
SOURCE: remote starter does not work
I experienced this exact problem and found a note in the manual about fuel pressure problems if the gas cap is not properly inserted. I removed the fuel cap and reinserted it and the remote start worked fine since.
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2015 | 2007 Chevrolet Impala
Nov 09, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Feb 26, 2015 | 2008 Chevrolet Impala
Aug 25, 2011 | 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan New Cars
Feb 09, 2011 | 2008 Nissan Sentra
Feb 20, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Impala
Nov 16, 2009 | 1990 Honda Accord
Jul 21, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan New Cars
529 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!