- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is an anti-theft code. You need the radio serial # to get it. Hold the #`1 and #6 radio station preset buttons down at the same time and turn your radio on. A set of 4 numbers will display, then a 2nd set. these 8 #s are your serial #. You go to a Honda dealer or register online with Honda as the owner to get the code.
If for a radio thats 2002 or older you will need the radio serial number in order to obtain the radio code. to do this you will turn the ignition on and the radio off. then push the 1 and 6 buttion at the same time. while holdting the buttons turn the radio on and u should show a code that begins with a U or a L. Write all numbers down. then contact the honda dealer for the code to your audio system. If you already have the code....do the following. Turn your ignition to ACC or on to power on thyour radio. Enter the radio anti-theft code using the prest buttons at the botton of your radio. For example, if your anti-theft code is 55512, "You would press the 5 button three times, then the 1 button, then the 2 button. this will unlock and rest your honda radio.
Look in your owner's manual
booklet for your radio anti-theft code. The code is printed on a small
card (similar to a credit card) and included with your owner's manual.
If you can find the code, skip to Step 5.
If you cannot find the code, you'll need to retrieve it.
Turn your ignition off to begin
retrieving your radio code. Press and hold the "1" and "6" preset
buttons on your radio. Turn your ignition on.
Write down the code displayed on
your radio. The display will flash with two numbers: one beginning with
a "U" and one beginning with a "L." Write down both numbers (beginning
with the "U" number), and then disregard the "U" and the "L."
This number (eight digits) is your radio serial code. You'll need it to retrieve your radio anti-theft code.
Contact Honda to retrieve your radio anti-theft code. You'll need your 17-digit Vehicle
Identification Number, found beneath the driver's side of the
windshield and your radio serial code. Honda's customer service number
is (800) 999-1009. Provide the representative with the information to
acquire your radio anti-theft code.
You can also retrieve your radio anti-theft code online for free at https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
Turn your ignition to "Acc" or "On" to power
on your radio. Enter your radio anti-theft code using the preset
buttons at the bottom of your radio. For example, if your anti-theft
code is "55512," you would press the "5" button three times, then the
"1" button, then the "2" button. This will unlock and reset your Honda
Each radio has its own unique code yous should be on a card in your glove box or in the owners manual if it is not there your local Honda dealer can get you the code but they need the serial number off the radio and if you did not buy it from them you may need proof of ownership.
If an audio unit with theft protection is disconnected from electrical power, you must enter a unique code number into the unit or it will not work. This code and the audio unit’s serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. If this card is lost, you must obtain the audio unit serial number in order to get the radio code (some people say that they have found the code on a sticker inside the glove compartment, but I wouldn’t count on that). Some newer vehicles allow you to retrieve the audio unit serial number electronically from the radio. Refer to your owner’s manual for the specific procedure (the following usually will work: Turn the radio off. Push the preset 1, preset 6, and power buttons at the same time, then quickly release.) Once you have the audio unit serial number, you can call Auto Customer Service at (800) 999-1009 or have the dealer look up the radio code. Hope this helps you understand the process.
If an audio unit with theft protection is disconnected from electrical power, you must enter a unique code number into the unit or it will not work. This code and the audio unit’s serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. If this card is lost, you must obtain the audio unit serial number in order to get the radio code. Some newer vehicles allow you to retrieve the audio unit serial number electronically from the radio. Refer to your owner’s manual for the specific procedure (the following usually will work: Turn the radio off. Push the preset 1, preset 6, and power buttons at the same time, then quickly release.) . Some older vehicles (model year 2003 and older) require a visit to the dealer in order to retrieve the audio unit serial number. Once you have the audio unit serial number, you can call Auto Customer Service at (800) 999-1009 or have the dealer look up the radio code. Hope this gets you started on getting it playing.
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number) 2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position). 3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place). 4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time. 5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** ) 6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE. 7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE) 2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required) 3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009 2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'. 3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc) 4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE! 5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So what happened to begin with? See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.