Question about 2004 Suzuki Verona
Keyless entry does nothing replaced battery. How do I reset it?
TS06 DEC 05 Keyless Entry - Transmitter(s) Inoperative
There was a recall in DEC. 05 for this particular vehicles remote transmitter system....though im not sure if they would do service free of charge now...
Moving along...if you have no working transmitter, you have to do the following to get it working again:
* Ensure vehicle audio PIN number is known or audio PIN security system is deactivated prior to battery disconnection.
* Ensure a door is open
* Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait minimum 5 seconds then reconnect
* Within 20 seconds of reconnecting the battery cable, insert the keyin ignition then cycle the ignition key from the "ACC" position to the"ON" position 20 times, leaving the key in the "OFF" position after thetwentieth turn.
* the vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successfulentry. NOTE: Should the indicators fail to flash, wait 5 seconds thenquickly turn the ignition switch from the "ACC" to "ON" position 10times, leave the ignition "OFF" after the 10th turn and wait 15 secondsthen recycle the ignition switch 20 times.
* the vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successful entry.
* within 10 seconds of the indicators having ceased flashing, press the button once on each transmitter.
* turn the ignition key to the "ON" position to lock in and exit from the programming mode.
And if you have even 1 transmitter that does work, its not nearly as difficult:
* ensure a door is open
* remove key from ignition
* lock the doors using the transmitter
* unlock the doors using the transmitter
Within 20 seconds of unlocking, insert key in ignition, turn theignition key from the "ACC" position to the "ON" position 20 times,leaving the key in the "OFF" position after the twentieth turn.
The vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successful entry.
Within 10 seconds of the indicators having ceased flashing, press thebutton once on each transmitter. Once finished, turn the ignition keyto the "ON" position to lock in and exit from the programming mode.
Hope this helped,
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 01, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 15, 2010 | 1995 Buick Regal
May 20, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 15, 2010 | 1995 Cadillac Eldorado
Sep 16, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
Mar 27, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1,062 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!