Question about 1993 Dodge Intrepid
2001 interpide alternator removeable
I usually do them in 1.75 hour but that's me!!!!some one else will very based on skill!!! if you call dealer ask for service desk and what is the quoted time for labour by the book! usually this is how it is done now! book says 4 hours that's what your charge will most likely be unless you have a flat rate offer other than that!!! good luck
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Oct 19, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Unhook the battery. Remove the negative cable first, then the positive one.
Remove the plastic splash guard from the underside of the engine. It is held in place by several bolts.
Unbolt the transmission cooler, then move it out of the way. Don't remove the hoses--just the bolts.
Remove the brace that holds up the radiator. Use a jack stand to hold up the radiator.
Loosen the adjustment T-bolt and pivot bolt on the alternator, but don't remove them. Remove the belt.
Unscrew the nut that holds the battery cable to the alternator, then remove the cable. Unplug the other electrical connector, as well.
Unbolt and remove the alternator.
Replace the alternator. The steps are the reverse of the removal procedure. Torque the nut on the battery cable to 90 in-lb. Torque the mounting and pivot bolts to 40 ft. lb.
Mar 17, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid
2001 Lincoln Continental 4.6L engine
1. Disconnect negative battery cable
2. Drain radiator coolant until coolant has drained from overflow bottle
3. Disconnect overflow hose at bottle
4. Remove 2 top power steering reservoir bolts and position reservoir out of the way
5. Disconnect coolant level sensor and bottom hose from coolant overflow bottle
6. Remove retaining nut and bolt
7. Remove coolant overflow bottle
8. Remove drive belt
9. Remove 4 fasteners from top alternator bracket and remove bracket
10. Remove attachment bolts and alternator from vehicle
11. To install reverse proceedure
12. Fill radiator and overflow bottle
13. Bleed air from cooling system
Feb 26, 2011 | Lincoln Continental Cars & Trucks
Jan 13, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Intrepid
Oct 13, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escape
Sep 20, 2009 | 2001 Saturn SL
May 24, 2009 | 2001 Ford Focus
Apr 28, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler Sebring
May 01, 2012 | 1993 Dodge Intrepid
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: