My interior lights wont shut off after i turn my 1998 ford windstar off. when i am driving they go off. my door ajar light stays on, i continously close them to make sure they are closed, but still nothing. please help.
The WD40 trick did not work for me. I bypassed the rear switch on the sliding door by removing the panel and wiring the top and bottom wires of the contacts together. Now the computer thinks that the door is always closed. Just make sure you close the door!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did all this happen at once more info needed the tail lights could be a fuse or relay or bad ground blown bulb ect the door symbal.can be a faulty switch or ground therefor the interior.light and chime are on are u sure all doors and back hatch are shut properly ?
YOU MAY HAVE A BAD DOOR AJAR SWITCH. HOWEVER, YO HAVE A TIMER THAT SHUTS OFF THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AFTER 300 MINUTES. IT'S CALLED A BATTERY SAVER FEATURE. TEST IT OUT.
THE EXTENDED CRANK MAY BE A CHECK VALVE IN THE FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK, ALLOWING PRESSURE TO DROP WHEN YOU TURN THE ENGINE OFF.
OR A BAD FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ON THE ENGIEN FUEL RAIL.
TRY THIS TEST, TURN KEY TO "ON" POSITION, WAIT 5 SECONDS, SHUT OFF KEY FOR 30 SECONDS. TURN KEY ON, WAIT 5 SECONDS, THEN START ENGINE. IF IT STARTS RIGHT UP, YOU ARE LOSING FUEL PRESSURE WITH ENGINE OFF.
THIS BUILDS UP PRESSURE IF IT DROPPED DURING SHUT DOWN.
REPORT TEST RESULTS.
to repair this problem you must remove floor lights from seats and check the circuit for either a short or a stuck switch use a multi tester this can get to be irritating as the short may be not directly behind switch could be along wiring that runs through car my suggestion if your not electrically proficient is take it to an electromechanic shop or simply unplug the light from socket to avoid draining the battery.