Question about 1990 Oldsmobile Regency
I own a 1990 Olds 98 Regency Brougham and, for the past two years, the car has been garaged and the battery disconnected. Before taking the car off the road, the remote keyless entry was working.
I am putting the car back on the road and took the car for a test ride over the weekend. I found that the key fobs no longer worked, so I replaced the batteries. However, they still would not operate.
Following the suggestions I found for similar 1990 Olds models, I've tried the following to re-program the fobs, but with no luck:
- Analyzed ALDL connector to look for wires in spaces A and G to jumper; 4 wires found, but none in space G
- Dropped glove box to look for keyless entry receiver; found a black box behind dash, but no reset button
- Dropped glove box to look for a 2-wire plug not connected to anything; none found
- Pulled away the trunk lining to look for a 1- or 2-wire plug not connected to anything; none found
- Looked beneath the 3rd brake light in the trunk for keyless entry receiver; none found
The keyless entry was factory installed, and the FCC ID on the fobs is GQ43VTI (lock and unlock on top, trunk release on bottom).
Thank you for any assistance that you can provide to re-program the key fobs.
I am having the same problem with reprogramming module with the small black connector jumped. No luck, I tried swamping control modules it did work for a short time. It perhaps still the module.
Posted on Sep 25, 2015
Same car same problem, but I found the plug w/two wires behind the glove box. It is on a brace on the left hand side, has a clip holding it there. Lift up on the clip and it slides off.
I jumpered those two wires, the door locks did not cycle as was in the instructions and remote still doesn't work.
Sounds to me like I'm missing power from somewhere, but where?
Hope you find your wires and they work for you.
Posted on Nov 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2016 | 1990 Oldsmobile Regency
May 15, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 27, 2013 | 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency
Apr 14, 2010 | 1990 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
May 01, 2009 | 1990 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
Oct 17, 2008 | 1990 Oldsmobile Regency
888 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: