Question about 1989 Chevrolet K1500
I need to know which wires go to the battery, soliend and something else. I want to install a switch to take the place of my ignition switch ?/ not where the key goes, but inside the steering column. I had the ignition switch but the teeth inside have stripped. ( Using a screw driver to start the truck. Please help!!!!!!!!!! This is on a 1989 Chevy Pick Up
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 24, 2014 | 1989 Chevrolet Corvette
Nov 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
1. disconnect neg- battery cable,
2. then remove lower interior covers 7mm screws or 9/32.
3. locate cable for shift indictor remove with small pick.
4. locate two 15mm bolts faces upward remove them .steering column will lower.
5. next you will remove dimmer switch. apply small piece of tape to actuator rod then remove 1 mount 5/16 bolt 13/8 nut set aside or leave hang by the wires.
6. disconnect wiring to ignition switch, then remove remaining bolts.with key in lock position remove switch from rod this actuator rod is for ignition switch.
to install the new ignition switch work from 6 back to 1. Joe
Thanks for choosing Fixya!
Dec 09, 2010 | 1989 Buick Century
Oct 02, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Jul 13, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Feb 13, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Feb 04, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet K1500
Jan 27, 2009 | 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity
529 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: