Question about Ford E-150
I need to replace the starter in my 1989 Plymouth Voyager 3.0, I want to know of any gotchas in this replacement..
It's not bad at all. Ijust replace my starter on my F150. Here's the steps.
1. Jack up your car and please use jack stands. Don't rely on your jack when you are under the car.
2. disconnect the ground terminal of the battery.
3. get under the car and disconnect the terminals on the starter. There should be 2. one is a large cable that comes directly from the battery and the 2nd is a smaller wire that comes from the ignition key.
4.Loosen the bottom bolt first and remove.
5. Loosen and remove the top bolt. It helps if you have a helper that holds the heavy starter as you remove the top bolt. You can do it your self, just be careful.
6. Remove the starter. I assume that the new starter also has a new solenoid already attached to the new starter.
7. Installation is the reverse. Start the top bolt first. this is a little tricky because the starter is heavy.
8. There's not a lot of room on most cars. Be patient and don't hurry.
Hope this helps. Good luck Loringh PS Please give me a rating
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2012 | Plymouth Voyager Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2011 | 1992 Plymouth Voyager
Jul 25, 2010 | 1988 Plymouth Voyager
Dec 03, 2009 | 1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Jul 12, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager
Jul 01, 2009 | 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Jan 08, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Voyager
Dec 18, 2008 | 1996 Plymouth Voyager
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: