Transmission failed, dealer to replace under "good will" for free, but said the motor mounts need replaced for cost of $700+....Can't find on maintenance schedule where motor mounts need replaced anywhere, only 67000 miles on vehicle.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
www.motortrend.com > ... > Acura > TL > 2002 Acura TL Motor TrendFind complete 2002 Acura TL specifications, pricing, and photos including ownership costs, safety recalls, cash rebates, warranty, packages/options, standard features, and crash test ratings. ... Base Sedan, Type-S Sedan ..... IF DISCOLORATION EXISTS, THE TRANSMISSION WILL BE REPLACED IF DISCOLORATION IS ...
? 1:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzYACqnupzk
Jun 9, 2011 - Uploaded by Intechdude300
2002 Acura TL This TL comes with a VTEC 3.2L SOHC V6 which pumps 225 HP ... That honda I had was the only one I hadproblems with. .... 2001 Acura 3.2TL Type S B7WATransmission with P1768 CPC B - Transmission ...
Most likely it's going to be the motor mounts, the bushings are common to go bad on front wheel drive cars and will need to be replaced. Replace them with urethane engine mounts, they last longer and cost about the same as the OEM from the dealer.
Thank you for using fixya and good luck
1999-2003 Honda Odysseys have trouble with their transmissions. Google "honda odyssey transmission" and look at the wikipedia article that comes up for Honda odysseys. In about the fourth paragraph you will find out about the transmission problems. If your van is acting up, have the transmission checked out sooner vs. later. It won't get better on it's own. Have the diagnostic trouble codes retrieved from the car's computer--any code that starts with 17 as in "1740" or codes that start with zero like "0730" are transmission codes and signs of impending failure. I know because my 2002 with 165,000 miles just failed.
1. Upper engine mount located on the passenger side of the engine. Get this at the dealer, aftermarket, especially Anchor brand are garbage.
2. Lower engine mount, often refered to as a "dog bone" mount because of its shape. This one is located on the lower passenger side. You'll have to remove some splash shields to get to it. Aftermarket is OK.
3. Upper transmission mount, also refered to as a "dog bone" mount. Located under the battery.Aftermarket is OK.
4. Lower transmission mount. Located under the transmission. As with the top engine mount, dealer is better quality.
The two dogbone mounts usualy last a very long time, its the others that fail over time. Especially the upper one.
Sounds like tranny froze up. Not what you wanted to hear, but the shop that put the tranny in should have given you a warranty. The lights came on, because the engine stalled. Please rate me if you find this helpful, thank you.