Question about 1992 Isuzu Trooper
How do i change an alternator belt for 1992 Isuzu trooper?
1. Remove battery terminals and secure them away from the battery posts using nylon wire ties.
1a. Fine some comfortable eye glasses (clear or yellow) and keep them on. There are plenty of opportunities to get debris in your eyes during this procedure.
2. Spray "PB Blaster" (loosens bolts) on two bolts that secures alternator.
3. Jack-up vehicle on side to access alternator. Use a jackstand to support.
4. Using a 10mm open-ended wrench, loosen the bolt that swings the alternator. Screwing the bolt "in" or toward the engine will allow play to increase in the alternator belt. Loosen the 12mm bolt slightly next to the 10mm bolt (approximately 1.5" toward engine).
5. Continue to loosen 10mm bolt until there is enough slack in the belt to remove the belt from the alternator pulley.
6. Remove belt. It may be possible to remove belt without removing fan faring. Maybe not. If not, you will need to remove plastic fairing. If you must remove fair, go below fan fairing and disassemble connectors that hold together pieces of fan fairing. Carefully remove.
7. Install alternator fan from above.
8. Check that alternator belt is on all tracks (from below with a flashlight), and slowly tighten.
9. Secure 10mm and 12mm bolts. Recheck tightness.
10. Reassemble battery connection and run vehicle at idle for about 5 minutes. Check belt for proper tension.
11. CAREFULLY check tension of belt. Or disassemble battery connections and re-check belt tension.
12. Reassemble fan fairing (if not already assembled), re-connect battery terminals, and have a nice day. :-)
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2012 | 1992 Isuzu Rodeo
on Sep 07, 2010 | Isuzu Trooper Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2011 | Isuzu Trooper Cars & Trucks
Feb 11, 2011 | 1992 Isuzu Trooper
May 12, 2010 | 1992 Isuzu Trooper
Apr 03, 2010 | 1998 Isuzu Trooper
Dec 30, 2009 | 1996 Isuzu Trooper
Dec 11, 2009 | 1989 Isuzu Trooper
Mar 01, 2009 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
1,554 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!