Question about 2002 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

Need 2002 automatic window regulator parts

I have a 2002 4 door Alero. The window regulator is completely shot. The white plastic pieces are broken. I know how to rix it, but i need to know where to get the parts. Is there a compatible car or another olds with the same automatic window system?

Posted by on

  • yadayada
    yadayada May 11, 2010

    You can buy the parts from GM, any dealer, the kit is cheap, it is just a gear tape. claims they have factory repair manuals, they have nothing of the sort, this is not to say some experts may have manuals, we do, but we work from home and in most cases have a small library. Experts are not employed by, we help free of charge as much as we can with the general automotive knowledge we have learned while working as auto technicians, specific test values, repair procedures and illustrations are unique to each car line, these are not in most cases available to us. Thanks for using FixYa!



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 14 Answers

Any good parts store will be able to order these parts. Gm has to make these parts for 15 years. but the auto parts stores can get them through Dorman, and save you a ton!

Posted on Aug 25, 2009


5 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 51 Answers

SOURCE: plastic piece under the radiator broken off - 2002 Malibu LS

Ive heard it called a few things but Stone guard/sheild is what it should be refered to as because thats what its there for, to keep stones or other similar objects from flicking up and getting inbetween any one of the pullys and belts. Mine also got damaged on my nissan skyline gtr and dont have one anymore with no problems.

Posted on Jan 12, 2009

  • 1 Answer


I have a 91 Caprice with the same problem. I live in Atlanta, GA. and I could not find any autoparts store selling these pieces. I eventually found them at
The part number is : A20424 GM Front Window Guides 1 13/16 total length. They come in a box of 5 pieces. Cost $4.92 for 5 pieces. I had to replace one on all of my windows. The piece is the same piece used on the back windows too. They are a trick to get in. You have do a little bending of the aluminum thing they slide into. In the end a big C-clamp works slick to get the regulator arm piece to pop into the nylon piece. Patience is needed.

Posted on May 31, 2009

  • 12744 Answers

SOURCE: I have a broken plastic deflector on the front

name is valance and can order online from auto body repair / parts stores also look in salvage yards

Posted on Feb 14, 2010

  • 1508 Answers

SOURCE: 2002 lincoln ls inside door

Best to get a new handle, if you happen to have an accident, you really dont want the handle falling of as you need to get out. Try the auto dismantlers if a new one is too expensive

Posted on Jun 18, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My back electric window was going up I heard a snap and the window will not stay up how to fix and what show I be looking for

you need to take the door panel off, and look to see if the pieces of plastic that holds the window to the regulator are broken, if they are you can go to a parts store and get those, they are called window saches. if those are not broken check your regulator, it may be something on the regulator that is broken.

Aug 08, 2010 | 2002 Kia Sportage

1 Answer

Question About a Broken Window Support.


Feb 27, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

I heard weird noises from my driver window as it was rolling down theit dropped in the door and i found broken white parts in the door and a metal piece that would go on the bottom of the window looks like...

The Window Regulator needs to be replaced. It will be several hundred dollars if you cannot do the repair yourself.
If you want to repair it, I would suggest eBay - they have regulators for roughly $50.00 usually.

Nov 16, 2009 | 2000 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

Replacing window regulator

after the door panel is removed remove the 2 10mm bolts that hold the window to the regulator. then you will be able to slide the glass out of the door. once the glass is out of the door use a paint marker and trace around where the broken plastic peace is that you need to change. then remove and expoy the new in place

May 25, 2009 | 2003 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

96 dodge grand caravan drivers side power window---i have broken the nylon slides that attach to the window itself= do i have to replace the whole window monitor or can i buy the two nylon plastic slides...

It sounds like the Regulator is broken and needs to be replaced. Below is a picture of how the glass attaches to the regulator. Note the gold colored clip in the back that holds the glass to the regulator. IF the plastic piece that broke is the WHITE piece in the picture (yours may be black) then it is part of the regulator.
(the black piece in the picture is part of the glass)
480308c.jpg here is a diagram of your door glass / regulator.
b6fdf08.jpg Hope this helps

Apr 16, 2009 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

1999 alero window tracking broke, need to know how to fix it

those little plastic pieces are the weak link of the assembly. You can't just replace them in this throw away society. I bought an aftermarket window regulator on E-bay for around $40.00 and it works fine 3 years later. Do a search for Alero window regulators . It is not a hard job to install either. Good luck

Mar 21, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

4 Answers

Passenger door window off track

Is this what it lookes like? I found these at O'Rileys. I have the same problem.

gpi?id=340936745&thumbnail=true DORMAN/HELP - Window Guide Item No: 38480 $9.79 per Card checkmark.gif 1 Per Vehicle checkmark.gif 1 year limited warranty (View Details) checkmark.gif SASH KIT checkmark.gif FRONT & REAR addtowishlist.gif storebothheader.gif gi?id=52917.5142 gi?id=52924.5135 addtocart.gif

Jul 20, 2008 | 2000 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

2000 oldsmobile alero gl 2.4 l engine, passenger window fell off the track. Removed door panel and white plastic clip is broken. Window won't stay up. What parts do I need? How do I fix it/

The window regulator is what causes the plastic clip to break. I had the same problem. I was able to find a new clip at advanve auto parts, and had to purchase a regulator which includes the motor from ebay. There were many diffrent options out there. Total cost was about $60.

Jul 20, 2008 | 2004 Oldsmobile Alero

Not finding what you are looking for?
2002 Oldsmobile Alero Logo

Related Topics:

114 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Oldsmobile Experts


Level 3 Expert

77932 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8830 Answers

Are you an Oldsmobile Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides