Lug Removal Tool
Sockets.. Lots of metric sockets
Porta Power(hydraulic piston) --- THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT... use to press hub off..
LOTS OF PATIENCE
1) Jack vehicle and support on jack stands
2) Remove front tire.
3) Remove Front Brake caliper.. hang on frame using a bungee or other support
Important to not stress hose.
4) Remove brake pad support.
5) Remove 4 bolts from rear of hub.
6) Undo bolt for ABS sensor
from frame, undo all clips holding wire.
Crawl under truck
and unclip wire connector(trace wire from the ABS sensor
to find it)
7) Make sure wire is unclipped from the frame and will not bind on removal of hub. (Prevents Damage of ABS sensor
TRICKY PART: Turn the wheels so that you can use the hydraulic porta-power against where the lower control arm mountsto the front. (Turn the
wheel left). Position porta-power to be placed inside dimple of the middle of the hub. DO NOT DAMAGE ABS SENSOR...
Pump Porta-power until hub "Pops".. be extremely careful removing the hub not to damage the ABS wireat all.. It is easy
to break and not notice (I did
this and had to resplice it)
9) Hub should be removed from vehicle by this point and you can remove the six bolts holding the old rotor on. Still be careful not to damage the sensor.
10) Change the rotor. (do not use impact gun
to reattach.. may strip threads)
11) Installation is basically reverse of removal.
12) Install brake pads, press caliper back in (typical brake job)
13) Put tire back on.. do other side.. and you're done.
Porta Poweris this.... http://www.southern-tool.com/store/porta_power_kit.html