Question about 1999 Suzuki Esteem
I'm guessing you have a 1.8 liter engine. Below is a picture of its location. As far as replacing it, the transmission as well as rge flywheel or driveplate needs to be removed in order to get at it to replace it. Not just a simple replacement of a sensor. Hope this helps.....
Posted on Mar 05, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Where is the crankshaft position
It is mounted below the power steering pump and behind the AC compressor(if equipped).
Both will need to be removed to access it.
Here is a pic of the engine after they are removed.
I hope this helps you towards a good repair.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 16, 2010
Welcome to FixYa.com
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Removal and Installation
1. Remove engine with transmission from vehicle.
2. Remove transmission from engine and then remove flywheel or drive plate from crankshaft.
3. Disconnect connector from crankshaft position sensor.
4. Remove crankshaft position sensor (1) from cylinder block (2).
Reverse removal procedure noting the following.
- Check to make sure that crankshaft position sensor (1) is free from any metal particles and
- Apply engine oil to O-ring of sensor.
- Install crankshaft position sensor to cylinder block (2) with specified torque.
Crankshaft position sensor bolt a: 6 N.m (0.6 kg-m, 4.5 lb-fl)
- Connect connector and fix wire harness with clamp securely. Thank you for Using FixYa.comKind Regards, LeeYour FixYa Expert and Master Technician
Posted on Feb 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Mar 29, 2014 | 1999 Ford Windstar
Dec 06, 2013 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks
Apr 11, 2013 | 2005 Suzuki Wagon R
Jun 05, 2012 | 2003 Suzuki Vitara
Dec 27, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki Esteem
Jul 13, 2010 | 1999 Hyundai Sonata
Jul 26, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Jun 25, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler Sebring
1,170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: