Question about 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
First, I want to say thank you for the info, you saved me money and aggravation. Second it took mea little while to figure out what contact I was looking for. So I would like to provide a little more detail to make it easier for others in the future.
This is the corrective method for your brake lights not working when your headlights are on(2000 Jeep Cherokee Larado).
1) The cause of the problem is heat from the bulb.
2) Remove the light assembly as if you were going to change a bulb.
3) Turn the socket and remove it from the taillight assembly and set it aside(check to be sure your bulb is not burnt out).
4) Look at the opening, you will see 3 flat chrome colored contacts on the assembly.
5) Notice the one by it self at the top of the opening, that is the “ground”.
6) If you look closely you will notice the plastic around the ground contact has shrunk a little bit, this caused the contact to pull away from the socket, causing the problem.
7) With a small flat head screwdriver, VERY GENTLY pry up the contact so it stays slightly upward by itself.
8) Re-insert the bulb assembly back into the housing and press your brake petal with your lights on.
9) You should be in good to go!
10) Tools: Phillips head screwdriver and a small flat head screwdriver.
11) Time : 5 minutes per light
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Check the ground circuit
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
The transaxle is not in the PARK position.
The normal headlamps are turned OFF.
The BCM activates the system by grounding CKT 592. This action energizes the DRL relay. This condition allows a reduced voltage to flow to the headlamps. When the headlamp switch is turned to ON, the headlamps operate normally.
The parking brake provides an input to the BCM. When the parking brake is engaged, the DRL remain disabled until the parking brake is disengaged.
May 30, 2015 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Aug 03, 2013 | 2000 Acura 3.5RL
Jul 28, 2011 | 1990 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Jan 24, 2011 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 02, 2010 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 16, 2010 | 2001 Lexus RX 300
Nov 27, 2009 | Jeep Grand Cherokee Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sep 03, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 19, 2009 | Hyundai Motor 2004 Sonata
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: