Question about 2002 Ford Windstar Cargo
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2000 ford windstar
It would be best to drop the engine, but can be done by only removeing 3 of the engine support bolts (only loosen the the one under the drivers seat) when the alternator and bracket is removed and idler bracket is removed you can take all bolts out of the water pump and by prying the engine to the drivers side the water pump will just barley come off.
I just completed this very job it took me about 5hours!! good luck
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
This means that your key is not being recogonized.Ethier the chip in the key is bad or the patts transciever at the lock cylinder. Do you have a spare key? If not you will have to get 2 new keyss cut and programmed.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
the problem (which is all to common on Windstar and Explorer) is the air temperture control blend door actuator motor is defective, this motor is what moves a door that gives hot, cold or a blend of hot and cold air blend to give u the desired outlet air temp.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
while it is possible to perform that swap, the newer 2000+ transmissions will have updated internals and such.
so will it work............. yes.
is it optimal.................no.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2013 | 2001 Ford Windstar
Nov 30, 2011 | 2000 Ford Windstar
May 20, 2010 | 1998 Ford Windstar
Mar 30, 2010 | 1998 Ford Windstar
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Drain the cooling system. For additional information.
3. Remove the accessory drive belt.
4. Raise and support the vehicle.
5. Disconnect lower radiator hose from the water pump lower tube.
6. Remove the engine mount nuts.
Lower the vehicle.
7. Remove the cowl extension panel. (Thats theone with the wiper arms go through).
8. Disconnect the water bypass hose and the heater hose from the water pump outlet tube.
9. Remove the water pump outlet tube bolt and position the tube assembly out of the way.
10. Install the lifting eye to the exhaust manifold.
11. Attach engine lifting equipment and raise the engine 127 mm (5 inches).
12. Remove the bolt and the accessory belt idler pulley.
13. Remove the bolts and the generator support bracket.
14. Remove the four bolts and the water pump pulley.
15. Remove the water pump. Remove the five nuts. Remove the five studs.
Remove the four bolts. Remove the water pump, lower tube and gasket as an assembly.
Feb 22, 2010 | 2002 Ford Windstar Cargo
Oct 23, 2009 | 2003 Ford Windstar
Jul 17, 2009 | 1999 Ford Windstar
Jun 17, 2009 | 2000 Ford Windstar
301 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: