Question about 2001 Dodge Durango
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to replace the regulator inside the door. It's the little pulley system that will pull your window up and down when you push the button.
Takes about 20 minutes to fix, so you're looking at about 100.00 at the garage.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
SOURCE: 2001 dodge durango v8 4.7
It is acually called the vehicle speed sensor I do believe. It should should be located on the top of your transmission with a wiring harness attached to it. It should also have 1 bolt holding it in also. Whatever you do, do not rotate the gear when you remove it. Try to mark the exact way it came out when you replace the sensor. When you pull the sensor out it will have this gear attached to it which will need to be placed into the new sensor and put back into the vehicle in the same way it came out or you will throw a code and it will not be pretty. Good luck, hopefully I didn't scare you it can be a simple repair just mind your P's and Q's.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Wire breaks inside the door on 99 durangos we have 1 and bro inlaw does as well same problem the wires go in the door and have a wire tie making them do a sharp switch back itll be there or where the wires rub opening and closing the door.
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
What exactly is the "round plug type thing" near the firewall [passenger side]? Is it a sensor of some type? I, too, have a coolant leak here on my 2001 Durango; its tucked in rather tightly near the hood/firewall corner. My electric fan is not kicking on; vehicle overheated tonight. (4.7 liter)
Posted on Dec 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2016 | 2003 Dodge Durango
Feb 16, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Sep 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 09, 2012 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Jun 12, 2011 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Jan 21, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Apr 20, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Dakota
Jun 08, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango
May 09, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Jul 13, 2008 | 2001 Dodge Durango
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: