Question about 2000 Ford Expedition
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2000 ranger fuse diagram
Fuel Pump relay switch is in the main box usually located on the drivers side Fender in a black box.
According to the owner's manual in the power distribution box in the engine
compartment (Ford recommends disconnecting your battery)
Relay # 5 is the fuel pump relay , and also in the PD BOX is a 20 amp mini-fuse
for the fuel pump relay + RAP module in location # 9
( P.S. - don't forget your fuel pump inertia switch , in the right front passenger area ,
by the right front kick panel )Sometimes this gets kicked by passenger or if the car is bummed hard it could set this item to shut down fuel system. Best of Luck
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
Testimonial: "I was skeptical, but the answer fit & worked. Thanks!"
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Relieve the fuel pressure.
3. Raise and support the vehicle.
4. Remove the fuel tank; refer to the procedure outline in this section.
5. Remove the fuel pump retaining bolts.
6. Remove the fuel pump.
7. Thoroughly clean the fuel pump-mounting flange.
8. Install a new gasket and place the pump into the tank.
9. Ensure that the fuel tubes face toward the fuel rail and tighten the retaining bolts to 80-107 inch lbs. (9-12 Nm).
10. Install the tank as outlined in this section.
11. Tighten the fuel tank bolts to 66-91 inch lbs. (7.6-10.4 Nm).
12. Tighten the fuel tank straps bolts to 22-30 ft. lbs. (29.7-40.7 Nm).
13. Tighten the skid plate bolts to 9.3-12.7 ft. lbs. (12.7-17.3 Nm).
14. Connect the negative battery.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2012 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Sep 13, 2011 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Aug 31, 2011 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Jun 12, 2011 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Use the following procedure to reset the fuel pump shut-off switch.
1. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
2. Check the fuel system for leaks.
3. If no fuel leak is apparent, reset the fuel pump shut-off switch by
pushing in on the reset button.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position. Pause for a few seconds and
return the key to the OFF position.
5. Make a further check for leaks in the fuel system.
It should be in your owners manual. I hope this helped and good luck.
Jan 30, 2011 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Nov 19, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Oct 10, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Aug 16, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Jun 08, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Dec 27, 2008 | 2000 Ford Expedition
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: