Question about 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
The car did not come with Keyless Entry Remote and i had it installed and since then i have been having trouble starting the car
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.)
3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds)
5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper at the program connector.
7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
SOURCE: Reprograming a keyless remote
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: remote keyless entry not working
KEY FOBS FOR THIS MODEL MUST BE PROGRAMED USING A TECH 2 SCAN TOOL SO IT MUST BE DONE AT THE DEALERSHIP FOR ABOUT HALF HOUR LABOR HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
The only way to program them is with a scan tool so you'll need to visit your local dealer to have it done. Here is how it is done.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks man, wasnt sure but i thought i had to take it to a dealer.. everyone else told me i could do it myself.. thanks again keith...."
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2013 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 23, 2013 | 2007 Toyota Corolla
Sep 16, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 22, 2010 | 2003 Pontiac Grand Am
Mar 09, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 27, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 08, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
May 30, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 02, 2017 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
Jul 12, 2008 | 2003 Toyota Camry
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: