Question about 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Generally, you can check and test alternator with this procedure...
1. Clean the positive and negative battery terminals to ensure a good connection with the tester's clamps.
2. Connect the positive and negative clamps to the appropriate battery terminals. The clamps must make firm contact with the battery terminals or the test results will be inaccurate or the tester may not work at all.
3. Turn the tester on and choose the option for "full charging system test." This will test your battery, starter and alternator and provide the most accurate picture of the problem.
4. Follow the directions on the tester's screen. These instructions will include cranking the vehicle after the battery test is performed, holding the engine at a certain RPM range and turning on certain accessories.
5. Read the results displayed on the tester's screen. The tester should scroll through the results, starting with the battery, then the starter and finally the alternator. An alternator test result showing diode ripple problems indicates a bad alternator.
Hope helps (remember rated this).
Read more: How to Test a Car's Alternator | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2079784_test-cars-alternator.html#ixzz0spTYveGJ
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
Both windows are fused from the same location. Most likely the window motor has gone out or a malfunction this the track mechanism. Check to make sure the window switch in the door handle is good first. Take the switch out, take the wires off the back of switch and jump the wires/connectors together. If window works, replace switch. If all you hear is motor hum or no sound from motor, motor is bad. Window motors usually start to slow down (window rolls up slowly) before they go out.
Posted on Jun 11, 2011
SOURCE: i need to find out
I am not for sure but try under your steering wheel or beside the steering wheel on the because i have a ford F150 and that is were it is on my truck and also try under the hood on the right side i hope that help you out and also try the glove box or under it
Posted on Jun 17, 2011
go to this free Ford website to view or download the owners manual for this vehicle. the fuse block diagram is located in the roadside emergency section and will show you the fuse location you're looking for.
Posted on Aug 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | 2004 Ford Mustang
Sep 08, 2013 | 1995 Ford Mustang
Apr 22, 2011 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
Dec 12, 2010 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Sep 21, 2009 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
May 16, 2009 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
May 10, 2009 | 1999 Saturn SL
Mar 26, 2009 | 1995 Ford Mustang
Jan 21, 2009 | 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
280 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: