Question about 2006 Kia Sedona
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try not to fill up the tank while the car is running. maybe there is a bad seal on the gas cap now. i would simply reccomend taking it to the nearest advanced auto part, autozone, jiffy lube...anything of that matter and get them to read the code for you[they should do it for free]. Make sure to write it down, come back here and let me know what it said. its probably not a big deal
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote, u will need t have the dealer do this procedure..
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
The kia sedona water pump is an internal pump and needs to be replaced with timing belt service. if it is leaking, then you need to change the timing belt as well. probably not something you want to do in the back yard and will run you between 400 and 600 depending on your location and shop.
Visit my Blog
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
SOURCE: please tell me how to
Unfortunately, there is no easy way - the upper intake (surge tank) has to come off in order to access the plug wires and plugs.
1. Detach the P.C.V. hose and brake booster vacuum hose.
2. Disconnect the connecting part of vacuum hose.
3. Remove the surge tank stay.
4. After reducing the pressure of fuel pipe line to prevent fuel overflow, disconnect the connecting part of the high pressure hose.
5. Remove the surge tank stay.
Once this is off, then remove ignition coils and spark plug wires. At that point, you can access and remove the spark plugs:
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF SPARK PLUG CABLE
Improper arrangement of spark plug cables will induce flashover between the cables, causing misfiring and surging at acceleration in high-speed operations.
Disconnect the spark plug cable from the spark plug. Pull on the spark plug cable boot when removing the spark plug cable, not the cable, as it may be damaged.
2. Using the spark plug wrench, remove all of the spark plugs from the cylinder head.Take care not to allow contaminants to enter through the spark plug holes.
3. Check spark plugs for the following:
(1) Broken insulator
(2) Worn electrode
(3) Carbon deposits
(4) Damaged or broken gasket
(5) Condition of the porcelain insulator at the tip of the spark plug
4. Check the spark plug gap using a wire gap gauge, and adjust if necessary.
Standard valueSpark plug gap : 1.0 - 1.1 mm (0.039 - 0.043 in.)
5. Re-insert the spark plug and tighten to the specified torque. If it is overtorqued, damage to the threaded portion of cylinder head may result.
Tightening torqueSpark plug : 20 - 30 N·m (200 - 300 kg·cm, 15-22 lb·ft)
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Dec 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2016 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2015 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Dec 03, 2013 | 2006 Kia Sedona
Jan 13, 2011 | 2002 Kia Sedona
Oct 06, 2009 | 2006 Kia Sedona
Jul 21, 2009 | 2006 Kia Sedona
245 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!