Question about 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
My 2002 PT has the fuse box layout on the inside of the fuse box cover.
Posted on Sep 01, 2012
I am sorry but our diagrams only go back as far as the 2004 model year. I suggest you try eBay for a used owners manual.
Posted on Feb 20, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the crank sensor is located on back right side of engine by were the trans. bolts up.is the no start when could or hot?
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
Hello chk614, my name is JShreader. Thank you for choosing fixya.com.
Here is a picture showing the Wires connecting to the Starter...
If you are looking for the formal Wiring Diagram...see below...
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesitate to ask...Thanks again, JShreader!
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
There are 2 possibilities. It is on Power distribution Center (mine was there)
or Fuse Block
Here are the photos:
If you like to fix your fog lights, you must replace malfunction switch. It is a typically PT-Cruiser problem.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
you can download the manual for you cruiser from the chrysler website free of chared. its rather a large PDF file about 321 pages but the diagram is on pages 283 and284
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2017 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 22, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 04, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 06, 2012 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 04, 2009 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 16, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 04, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 31, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
3,241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!