Question about 2001 Dodge Durango
This thing, has a lot things to do. a certified technicians only can do the job. but if you wanna do it alone, here are some instruction(s) after removing the parts to have acces on it.
1. Remove the crankshaft pulley using the appropriate socket.
2. Remove the harmonic balancer using the harmonic balancer puller.
3. Loosen the oil pan bolts.
4. Remove the front two oil pan bolts--one on each side of the crankshaft--these two bolts help hold the timing cover in place.
4. Remove the timing cover bolts using the appropriate socket.
5.Pull the cover off the block.
6.Remove the seal from the timing cover using a seal puller(if it is your problem).
7. Clean the gasket mounting surfaces on the engine and timing cover with the scraper.
8. Smear a thin layer of silicone on the timing cover's gasket mounting surface.
9. Fit the gasket on the timing cover.
10. Install the timing cover and tighten the bolts to it's specified torque.
11. Reinstall the two oil pan bolts and tighten them to it's specified torque.
12. Reinstall the accessories in reverse order of removal.
Posted on Feb 20, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2001 dodge durango v8 4.7
It is acually called the vehicle speed sensor I do believe. It should should be located on the top of your transmission with a wiring harness attached to it. It should also have 1 bolt holding it in also. Whatever you do, do not rotate the gear when you remove it. Try to mark the exact way it came out when you replace the sensor. When you pull the sensor out it will have this gear attached to it which will need to be placed into the new sensor and put back into the vehicle in the same way it came out or you will throw a code and it will not be pretty. Good luck, hopefully I didn't scare you it can be a simple repair just mind your P's and Q's.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Front, remove the hold down clip, should be a 7mm or a 45 torx bit to get the slider pins out. If you are not sure what you are doing, please spend a little money and have a pro do it for your safety, and the safety of others around you.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
SOURCE: headlights 2001 Dodge Durango
headlight cover does not have to be removed. Open your hood and reach in to the back of the headlight assembly grasp the main headlight plug and pull while turning counter clockwise. the bulb should come out with the plug, the bulb will then unclip from the plug, good luck
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
if i am not mistaken the fuel filter is built into the fuel pump. which requires you to drop the tank and replace both.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2016 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Oct 17, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Nov 01, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Mar 04, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Sep 05, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Jul 30, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Durango
Mar 01, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Durango
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: