Question about 2002 Ford Escape
Hi, I'll try to help
1) Drain the cooling system and discard if it hasn't been refreshed since the vehicle was new
(fresh chemical protection if you are going to keep the vehicle).
2) Disconnect the cable from the neg. bat. terminal.
3) Remove the air cleaner hose and housing you will need the room.
4) Remove the water pump tensioner (don't fight it just remove it you'l save time and skinned nuckels.
5) Remove the water pump bolts (8).
6) Clean all the gasket and O-ring surfaces
7) Apply RTV to gasket surfaces and reinstall the NEW pump.
8) Replace the coolant in the system
9) Reconnect the bat.cable (the driveline computer will have to relearn it's strategy).
If you are going to keep the vehicle(and I love mine) buy a "Haynes manual #36022.
Glad to be of assistance - please rate the recomendation - I can learn from your rating.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 17, 2011 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Apr 12, 2011 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Jan 12, 2011 | 2002 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Nov 22, 2010 | 2002 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
Nov 10, 2010 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Jul 12, 2010 | 2002 Ford Mustang
Mar 25, 2010 | 2002 Ford Taurus
253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!