Question about Chevrolet Avalanche
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
what i've seen with the k series chevrolet trucks is that the wheel speed sensors develop corrosion where the sensor mounts to the hub. you can start by taking the sensor out and cleaning off the mounting surface with a wire brush. the process is:
1. raise front of vehicle onto jackstands
2. remove front wheels
3. remove the brake caliper, bracket and rotor on both sides
4. remove wheel speed sensor via 1 torx bolt (be carefull as the corrosion will cause the sensor to "stick" in the hole)
5. clean the mating surfaces with a wire brush so the sensor bolt hole and mounting surface on the hub is shiney again.
6. if you can, pick up a can of rust preventing primer and spray a little on the surfaces to prevent further corrosion
7. let paint dry
8. apply a thin fil, of grease to the sensor and the sensor mounting spot on the hub
9. re-install sensor
10. revers steps 3-1 for re-installation.
*process is the same for both sides.
this was a common problem on the k series trucks.
while your in there it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the sensors wires to make sure they arent broken. let me know if the repair works for you
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
THE EBCM IS BAD this is the electronic control module that is on abs pump. you can replace seperate I think it is around 500 for part
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 24, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Jan 13, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Jan 01, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Oct 19, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
Jan 07, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
May 17, 2008 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
434 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: