a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I could only find auxiliary relay box 2 and had to guess whether your Explorer is early or late production and has keyless entry or power door locks. If you have the central junction box located, trace the BLU/WHT wire to the rear until you find the other end connected to the relay box.
possibly your keyless entry module keeping both front and rear lights on one side on. or indicator (flasher can) relay
remove flasher can and see if fault still there?
no - flasher can
yes - possibly keyless entry module/central door locking module or short to power on that circuit
remove now keyless entry modle to see if fault still there
no - that module
yes - try next module if fitted or if not find short in wiring.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Location of Keyless Code on Computer Module of Ford F250 Superduty (
Finding this code seems to be a common problem, so, here is a better
answer to save you the time I spent locating the sticker on the computer
module that shows the keyless entry code.
One owners from 2008 F150 XLT Superduty tell me and I suspect the location for a F150
would be very near same location as on a F250
The computer module is mounted high on the firewall approximately behind
the a/c fan speed control knob. Here is how to find it / get to it:
1. Remove the large cover under the steering column that covers the fuse
block. You'll need to reach in under the dash, with your left arm, to
the right of the steering column and left of center to move stuff to get
a clear view.
2. Open the storage pocket door on the lower edge of the dash (right of
the steering column) and squeeze the back side of the storage pocket to
allow the stops to pass to the front. This will allow the opening to be
clear to see the computer module up in the dash. Shine your flash
light through this opening.
3. Move the first piece of white insulation to the side to see the
firewall. Look up through the pocket door, moving the wiring harnesses
aside if necessary. You'll find a second white insulation wrapped
snugly across the computer module. When you push the insulation up to
see the flat surface, you see the 5 digit number printed up-side-down in
black on a white sticker. This is your keyless entry code.
Instructions for Programming Keyless Entry Code (from the 2008
KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED)
You can use the keyless entry keypad to lock or unlock the doors without
using a key.
The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5–digit entry code; this
code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box, is marked
on the computer module, and is available from your authorized dealer.
You can also create your own 5–digit personal entry code.
When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the
controls to ensure a good activation.
Programming a personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code. The driver door will unlock.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
4. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode
has been programmed into the module.
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
I had this problem on my exploder. From what I remember I located the keyless entry receiver underneath the drivers side dashboard there should be a box with the name SIEMENS on it. This is your keyless entry receiver. Unplug the unit for about 1 hour ( do not know why for an hour ) and plug back in after 1 hour. Should work fine after that.
I am not sure exactly where to get your info for free, but have another solution. The drivers door holds all you need. The door panel needs to be removed and then reconnect the power door lock switch. Then just locking and unlocking the door will trigger the actuator to move, allowing you to find it and the wires connected to it. Disconnect the wires and plug in a Digital Multi-Meter into the plug on the wire end and hit the lock and the unlock buttons to find which polarity to which wire unlocks the door and to lock it would be in reverse. Then he can wire the keyless entry into the truck via these wires and can use wire-taps which will pop over the wires in the truck and allow him to add the keyless entry w/o cutting wires. :D Have fun
Hey .. i have a 99 civic also and i found my door doesnt lock unless u open the handel and then lock it and was talking to the shop and they told me things get gumed up inside and take it apart and clean it up with lub .. try that see if it works sounds like same problem