Question about 2005 Infiniti G35
I have a G35 coupe ...while driving on the highway the car has stopped when coming off an exit.....2 times now. It has been during deceleration and in a turn going left and right....any ideas before I get hurt....manual transmission
This is usually due to a dirty throttle body. just beware if you do try to clean it you will need to preform the idle relearn procedure. this does work, ive done it personally.
A. Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning Procedure.
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds (how would you know if you get it right?)
B. Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch is “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch is “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound (i never get this right because i never heard anything)
C. Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It's best to time with a watch/clock.
1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops
blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11 Wait 20 seconds
12Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. (this is fine because SES light lets you know if you did it right the way it blinks)
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2016 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Dec 30, 2015 | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe
May 17, 2010 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Mar 06, 2010 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Sep 12, 2009 | Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Cars & Trucks
Aug 28, 2009 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Aug 15, 2009 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Jul 04, 2009 | 2005 Infiniti G35
Apr 06, 2009 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
1,012 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: