Question about 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD
25 - Emissions Control/Exhaust Gas Recirculation, Gas/VALVE, Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), 4.7L/Removal
Labor Operations: Click to display a list of Labor Operations associated with this procedure
The electronic EGR valve and solenoid assembly is attached to the rear of the left cylinder head. An exhaust gas routing tube connects the EGR valve to the intake manifold.
1. Use a diagnostic scan tool to record any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). 2. Remove the throttle body resonator. 3. Perform the fuel system pressure release procedure (Refer to 14 - Fuel System/Fuel Delivery - Standard Procedure) 4. Disconnect and isolate the negatiAuto part store says there is no egr valve on 08 - 2430847.jpgcable.
5. Disconnect the power brake booster vacuum hoAuto part store says there is no egr valve on 08 - 2430720.jpgthe vapor canister purge hose (2) at the intake manifold.
6. Disconnect the EGR valve solenoid electrical connector (1).
7. Remove the EGR valve assembly retaining bolts (1). 8. Remove the EGR valve and the Auto part store says there is no egr valve on 08 - 2433378.jpg tube from the engine as an assembly. 9. Remove and discard the metal gasket located between the cylinder head and the EGR valve assembly.
10. Remove the EGR valve routing tube retaining bolts (1) at the EGR valve assembly 11. Remove the EGR valve routing tube and discard the gasket.
Posted on Feb 15, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to the following page to view more information on your EGR Valve:
Hope you find what you are your looking for! Good Luck!
If you have any more problems let me know.
Thank you for using Fix Ya!
Don't forget to rate the overall satisfaction of this answer!
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
The electronic EGR valve and solenoid assembly is attached to the rear of the left cylinder head ,
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
basically no - but it will hurt your already low fuel MPG.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
YOU NEED TO REPLACE EGR VALVE ASSEMBLY..SENSOR IS PART OF VALVE..FAIRLY EASY TO REPLACE..RECOMMEND DEALER PART..ALSO DISCONNECT BATTERY WHILE REPLACING
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
The EGR, or exhaust gas recirculation valve, takes inert exhaust gasses
drawn from the exhaust system and reintroduces them into the combustion
chamber through the intake manifold. This process lowers the peak
combustion temperature and helps combat the formation of Nitrous Oxide
(NOx) in the exhaust.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 24, 2016 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD
Dec 30, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Jul 01, 2009 | 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Jun 10, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Apr 10, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
470 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: