Question about 2002 Jeep Liberty
DTC P0846 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance
The pressure sensor codes are the ones to concentrate on first. typically gear ratio error codes are set from internal transmission failures but since you also have pressure sensor codes it may just need a new sensor. Remove the connector to the solenoid pack and check for broken or damaged pins and also see if water is getting into the connector.
The chances are that the sensor is bad. If that is the only code your getting then you might want to replace the sensor. Make sure the trans is full though, as that would make the pressure low and could set the code. Here is where the sensor is.
1. Raise vehicle.
2. Place a suitable fluid catch pan under the transmission.
1. Remove the wiring connector from the line pressure sensor (Fig. 83).
2. Remove the bolt holding the line pressure sensor to the transmission case.
3. Remove the line pressure sensor from the transmission case.
1. Install the line pressure sensor into the transmission case.
2. Install the bolt to hold the line pressure sensor into the transmission case. Tighten the bolt to 11.9 Nm (105 in. lbs.) .
3. Install the wiring connector onto the line pressure sensor
4. Verify the transmission fluid level. Add fluid as necessary.
5. Lower vehicle.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I`ll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using FixYa, have a nice day.
Posted on Feb 14, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Jul 23, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
May 04, 2016 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Sep 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 15, 2013 | 2003 Dodge Neon
Feb 13, 2013 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
Oct 26, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 11, 2018 | Dodge Dakota Cars & Trucks
Jan 13, 2010 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
2,231 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!