The keyless remote worked once or twice for the trunk then quit. Then I replaced my car battery and now the remote neither opens nor locks the doors. Also my lock all doors switch on both doors no longer works.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Locate the programming connector located in the LH trunk. Trim may have to be pulled back to access programming connector. ( Connector has black/white wires leading up to it and it is not connected to anything.)
Use your key to unlock the door / trunk. If your car starts up; it might just be a connector and / or your battery in your remote. Try the simple / cheaper fix check by checking the connectors leading to the trunk release solenoid.
try programming the remote again, here is how u do that. if this doesn't fix the problem the remote may be defective, if you need a new one try ebay, they are very cheap to buy there.
Note: Existing keyless remotes will be erased with this procedure. Existing working remotes will have to reprogrammed also.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area. You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one termial in the plastic connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector to a nearby bolt or trunk latch. Leave connector wire connected to ground through out procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate programming mode has been activated.
4. Press any button on keyless remote. System will respond by locking and unlocking doors one time to indicate successful programming.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additonalkeyless remotes including and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming mode.
7. Test keyless remote(s).
You don't normally program a keyless entry, that's done for you by the technicians that install that. If the replaced battery doesn't solve the problem, take the battery and the remote to the techies that installed it.