- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i just fixed a similar problem on my van there is a rubber elbow on the end of the pvc hose that connects to the valve cover you can only buy the elbow with the hose and it costs about 100 bucks but i guess they have had to replace a lot of these because the new one looks twice has strong you just have to check and see if its collapsed in on itself preventing air movement or leaking the shop will charge you 175 dollars to fix it plus the part but it only takes 20 minutes good luck
Could be the cat but that doesn't usually make the car noisy. Your muffler may have come apart inside and is blocking the flow of the exhaust. Have the whole exhaust system, including the cat checked out. I would probably have the oxygen sensor and spark plugs replaced as well just because they're old (I'm guessing) and a damaged cat or poor mileage can be caused by these
Thank you for choosing fixya.com. So, you're getting bad gas mileage, and getting a deep sound when you push the gas. Try these suggestions first:
1. Replace O2 sensors; have code cleared at auto parts store if it has come on (service engine light will come on)
2. Replace the fuel filter and the air filter
3. Change the spark plugs/wires/coil pack(s)(carborator if equipped and not coil pack(s) )
a. If coil pack is replaced, check the modular as well (sits under coil pack)
b. If carborated, replace cap and rotor
4. c. Regardless of a or b - change spark plugs and wires
In the main title above (my current page) it says 'car is shaking' - if this feels like it's in the steering, have a front end alignment checked (and performed) if needed. If it feels like the engine, do the above suggestions.
I hope this information aides in the successful repair of your Mustang. Please, let me know if there is anything more I can be of assistance to. Thank you again for choosing fixya.com