Question about 1995 Ford Windstar

1 Answer

Can i bondo over a freeze plug with a pinsize hole

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 182 Answers

Bondo is not designed for that sort of job. either jb weld or leak fix, or replace the freeze plug.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Water pipe from thermostat to reservoir

Yes. This is a purge line that recirculates coolant back to the reservoir.

Dec 21, 2013 | 2005 Ford Bantam 1.3i

1 Answer

Need to replace freeze plugs

You just drive the exixting freeze plug into the hole in the engine block. Once it has been driven all the way into the water jacket, it can be turned sideways and pulled out of the hole with a pair of pliers. Then you put a little black rtv on the edge of the new freeze plug and drive it straight into the hole until the edge of the freexe plug is flush with the surface of the engine block. This is usually done with a freeze plug driver set. SEE PICTURE BELOW

Now how to go about getting to the freeze plug is a whole other story. Each freeze plug presents problems of its own. Some of the can be accessed very easilly. Some of them require that things like starter motors or motor mounts have to be removed to get tho them. Then there are the ones that are located on the back of the engine block which usually require transmission removal to access them.


Apr 11, 2012 | 1997 Chevrolet Suburban

1 Answer

How to change out freeze plugs

If there isn't a hole in the middle of the freeze plug and pry it out. Then clean the hole in the block, take the new freeze plug and put a coating of RTV cylicone, High Temperature, then get a socket that will just around the inside of the freeze plug and start the plug in the hole very straight and tap the plug in with a hammer. To save your fingers, use an extension on the socket and hit on it.

Mar 18, 2011 | 1987 Cadillac Cimarron

1 Answer

I have a rusted roof on my ford ranger. Should I fix it with fiberglass or bondo?

IF it's surface rust you should sand down to bare metal, prime then paint. If it's holes and you don't want to weld in new sheet metal patches then go with bondo

Oct 02, 2010 | 1990 Ford Ranger SuperCab

2 Answers

The passanger mirror was broken and has fallen from the car. It is still hooked up to the power moter but I will need to by and install a new mirror because the bracket is broken. Please describe how to...


Feb 27, 2010 | 1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight

1 Answer

How to install a block heater on a chevy trailblazer?

First check and see if there is a pouch located directly beside your battery. If there is a pouch it will contain a plug that is for the factory engine block heater. If there is no plug then you can pursue an aftermarket type.

There are several types. If you want to use a freeze plug block heater, you'll need to have someone help you remove a freeze plug. That usually requires that you remove a lot of the peripheral equipment until you can get a clear access to one of the freeze plugs. Measure the freeze plug then go to an auto parts store and purchase a freeze plug block heater of that specific size. Once you have one that will fit into the hole, you can drill a hole in the freeze plug, then use a prying instrument to remove the old freeze plug. The block heater freeze plug usually goes in with a nut to tighten the freeze plug into the hole.

BTW, you'll get a lot of antifreeze all over when you do this, and plan on taking your time since it will be time consuming.

Jan 02, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2 Answers

Hole in freeze plug; water pours back out

Hi, the freeze plug is removed from the outside of the engine, so if it already has a hole in it, put a screw driver in the hole and prize it out, then the new one simply taps back in. As for the size, once you have removed the knackered one, just simply match it up

Mar 25, 2009 | 1995 Buick Century

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

104 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

80531 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5687 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides