Question about 2006 Holden Commodore SS

Open Question

When replacing chassie bushes on a vy what is the caster setting for a lowered vy

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where are the bushings for the low control arm on 1996 chevy tahoe 4wd located

If you are replaceing both sides (drivers & passangers (recomended)) you will need 4 bushes in total 2 front susp rear & 2 front susp front. There is 2 bushes both sides (front of front & rear of front) The lower control arms go from the chassis to the lower ball joints (just behind tyres at bottom) will be a big job!

Jun 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do i change my rubber bushings on the front suspention of my 1997 dodge ram 1500

opper Control Arm Bushings
  • To access the upper control arm, remove the shock absorber and the strut bar. Also, disconnect the sway bar from the lower control arm, if your particular Ram model is equipped with it. After that, you can hold the coil spring in place with a spring compressor.
    Secure the wheel hub assembly to the chassis using a wire before you disconnect the upper ball joint. This will prevent damage to the brake hose. When ready, release the ball joint using a ball-stud loosening tool (see Resources).
    The upper control arm mounts to the chassis with a cam bolt assembly. Once removed, you can place the control arm on a vise and remove the bushings using a bushing service tool (see Resources). When installing the new bushings, do not use any lubricant but make sure the flange on the bushing end seats properly on the arm bore. Then re-install the upper control arm. When finished, take your Dodge vehicle to a good shop to align the front suspension.
Lower Control Arm Bushings
  • Remove the shock absorber and strut bar. If your particular model is equipped with a sway bar, disconnect it from the lower control arm.
    Secure the coil spring with a spring compressor and release the lower ball joint from the wheel/hub assembly using a ball stud loosening tool (see Resources).
    Now you can release the lower control arm by removing the rear mounting bolts. Remove the bushings with a bushing service tool (see Resources). When installing the new bushings, do not use lubricant and make sure they seat properly on the control arm bore. Then replace the lower control arm. When finished, take your Dodge vehicle to a good shop to align the front suspension

Oct 20, 2011 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Extreme vibration in front end of vehicle, 2004 chevy express 3500 cargo van, gear box has been replaced twice, pitman and idler arms replaced already and left hub assembly replaced already, ruined a set...

Check stabilizer bar and bushings as well as the stabilizer links. Has alignment been checked after front end work you did? (Caster, Camber, Towin, Towout ?)

Nov 29, 2010 | Chevrolet Express Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I need to change the rearward rubber bush on the lower control arm on the front suspension. Can you please explain procedure.

Do u mean the caster arm bushing. plz quote the modle and series ur dealing with. case it would be easier to explain.

Oct 01, 2010 | BMW 318 Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

Violent shaking when spees excess over 30mph or when hit bump in the road.

What you have is called "death wobble" There are a number of causes for this. Have your entire front end checked, especially the ball joints and track bar bushing and mount tabs (bolt holes can go oblong). Other items include the chassis where the steering box is attached (they can crack there). Don't let anyone tell you it is from the steering stabilizer...replacing that will cover the problem but only for a few days. It can be damaged by the shaking but it is a result, not the cause of the problem. In extreme cases, moving the caster angle more positive can help as well, but, don't do that first or it may cover the real cause. If the problem began after a tire change or brake service also check that the wheels are torqued to the proper setting (generally 80-100 foot lbs) and in the correct pattern.

Oct 19, 2009 | 1989 Jeep Cherokee

2 Answers

Front end shakes when it hit a bump

Yep tie rod ends both control arms and a frame bushings. If you had time and could send some pictures I could be more presise and could give you a detaild ideal on how to test the entire front end, but you do not seem to want a lot of help as this would require me to give you two hours of instruction and testing parts that you are not aware of..

Jul 22, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

1 Answer

F250 hd twin i beam I just replaced the inner axle bushings and dont know the correct ecentric washer settings are they just for camber?

yes they are mostly for camber,they might also have a slight effect on your caster also.try to put them as close to the position they were in when you started.

Apr 10, 2009 | 1992 Ford F250

1 Answer


Just one question,, 99 A3 or A4 chassis? An A4 chassis is not adjustable per say. The only adjustement to the camber is to shift the subframe unit left or right to make the 2 sides more equal possible. By shifting the unit after slacking the 4 bolts holding it to the chassis one side will become more negative and the other more positive as the 2 move together. There is a little adjustement in the ball joints but usually will make more problems to the caster when touched. By shifted the unit forwards and back you'll play with the caster a little too but not recommended. If it's still not in specs after doing this by alot you might consider something is bent.

Nov 27, 2008 | 2001 Volkswagen Golf

2 Answers

Bump sterring

This sounds like a caster issue, add more caster

Nov 19, 2008 | Chevrolet C1500 Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Upper and lower ball joint

The ball joints are pressed into the steering knuckles. To remove them requires use of a ball joint press. If you don't have one you can usually rent one from a major auto parts retailer. You'll have to remove the brake calipers, rotors and backing plates. Disconnect the tie rod ends, and remove the upper pinch bolt. The lower joint has a nut that holds it to the axle that must be removed as well. Use a ball joint separator or "pickle fork" tool to separate the lower joint from the axle. Once you have the steering knuckle in hand, remove the snap ring from the bottom of the lower joint. Use the press to push the lower joint out then do the upper. replace the upper joint first using the press then do the lower joint in a similar fashion. Installation is naturally the reverse of removal. One thing to note is that the upper ball joint is located in the axle with a bushing. This bushing is where caster and camber adjustments are made. the factory presets these measurements using a bushing with a tab on it that locates it only one way in the axle. If the vehicle has ever been aligned and caster and camber adjustments were performed, the factory bushing will have been replaced with an aftermarket bushing. These bushings are rotatable and care must be taken to note where they were indexed in the axle. You should probably still get the alignment checked though, as suspension parts will tend to settle, and steering angles will change. Hope this helps.

Sep 01, 2008 | 2004 Ford E250

Not finding what you are looking for?
2006 Holden Commodore SS Logo

Related Topics:

35 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Holden Experts


Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14337 Answers

Are you a Holden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides