An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Change oil indicator
Using the trip meter button on the speedometer ,cycle threw untill you see "oillife reset" then hold the button in..........all this must be done with then doors closed or you will just get a message about the door ajar.....happy motoring
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you do your own oil changes, this is a helpful tip to keep in mind. Typically, it is best to wait until your dealer maintenance service warranty expires, as an 'owner' reset could result in a missed oil change, particularly if the dealer checks the indicator it does not believe an oil change is due.
1. Locate the trip odometer button and depress and hold. 2. Insert the key into the ignition and partially turn into the first position. 3. Pay attention to the trip odometer to display the word 'RESET'. 4. Release the trip odometer button, then press & hold it again. 5. The 'RESET' message will flash. 6. Release the button, and then press & release again (once only) 7. The service interval is now reset to 10,000 miles
Try this procedure and let me know if it does not work.
1. Ignition key in the "Off" or "0" position.
2. Press and hold the odometer button and turn the ignition key to the "Accessory" or "1" position.
3. Keep the odometer button pressed in until you see the following words in the display, "oil service", or "inspection" with "reset" or "re".
4. Press and hold down the odometer button again until "reset" or "re" flash.
5. While the display is flashing, press the odometer button again briefly but do not hold it down this time to reset the service interval indicator. After the display has shown a new service interval then "END SIA" should appear in the display for two seconds.
If the procedure fails the first time then repeat the procedure and it should clear the service interval indicator.
SET THE ODOMETER. GET IT OUT OF THE TRIP MODE TO THE ODOMETER BY PRESSING IN ON THE BUTTON CLOSEST TO THE ODOMETER. ONCE THE ACTUAL ODOMETER SHOWS, THEN PRESS AND HOLD THE SAME BUTTON WHILE TURNING THE ENGINE IGNITION ON. CONTINUE TO HOLD THE BUTTON IN FOR APPROX TEN SECONDS. THE CHECK ENGINE OR OIL LIGHT WILL FLASH AND GO OUT FOR UNTIL 5,000 MILES HAVE ACCUMULATED ON THE ODOMETER TO LET YOU KNOW IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER OIL CHANGE.
your computer needs to be reset. the mech who changed your oil should be able to help you out with that. If you did it your self just visit Saturn they can advise how to do this. It may also be in the owners manuale, though it usually is not.
the drain plug is on the oil pan under the van. check your owners manual or google oil change reset for your verhicle to reset the change oil light the change oil indicator should come on every 3000 miles and be reset after every oil change
Resetting the MINI Oil Indicator If you do your own oil changes, this is a helpful tip to keep in mind. Typically, it is best to wait until your dealer maintenance service warranty expires, as an ‘owner’ reset could result in a missed oil change, particularly if the dealer checks the indicator it does not believe an oil change is due.
1. Locate the trip odometer button and depress and hold. 2. Insert the key into the ignition and partially turn into the first position. 3. Pay attention to the trip odometer to display the word ‘RESET’. 4. Release the trip odometer button, then press & hold it again. 5. The ‘RESET’ message will flash. 6. Release the button, and then press & release again (once only) 7. The service interval is now reset to 10,000 miles
With the key in the ignition but in the off postion press and hold your odometer trip button in then turn your key to the first postion hold the trip button in for 5 seconds the display will read oil service or inspection then it will say reset release the button and then press it again untill the reset starts to flash then release and press the button briefly to reset
WHILE HOLDING LEFT ODOMETER RESET BUTTON TURN KEY TO POSITION 1, HOLD FOR 5 SECONDS , SIGN STATING OIL- INSPECTION RESET, ETC SHOULD APPEAR , LET GO AND HOLD AGAIN, A SIGN WILL FLASH, PRESS THE BUTTON THIS TIME.
To reset go to screen where it says the oil life percentage. Have the car off but in the on position. Press the odometer button (same button to get to the oil life screen) in and hold for a while, something like 30 sec or so until it starts flashing...Then let go and push the button again and hold and after like 5 seconds i think it will then display 100% and that's it. Hope this helps you, good luck!