An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: reprogram keyless entry system
1991-94 Nissan Maxima key less entry reprogramming procedure:
1. Enter the *original code found under the dashboard. (*the code begins with the letter F and has 7 digits)
2. Close the doors and lock all of the doors, enter the 7 digit code
( make sure you have your key in hand).
3. Once the code is entered correctly you will hear a long beep ♪ ♫. While the beep ♪ ♫ is sounding ... ENTER your NEW 4 digit code, (you will then hear random beeps ♪ ♫) Do not touch anything until the beeping ♪ ♫ stops.
4. To open the doors, the front windows and the
trunk, type: S(Clear) and the New 4 digit code and the door will
5. IF by any chance you forget your new code. Just enter the original one and start all over.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Programming Electronic Door Lock Control System
NOTE: The electronic door lock control processor (14B001) erases all
previous keyless entry remote transmitter (15K601) from memory when the keyless
entry remote transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The electronic door
lock control processor can store up to four keyless entry remote transmitters in
To program (or reprogram) keyless entry remote transmitter into the
electronic door lock control processor, perform the following steps:
Turn ignition switch to the RUN position and momentarily short the two
terminals of the program connector taped to the wire assembly and located behind
the glove compartment. All doors should lock and then unlock. Remove shorting
Press any button on keyless entry remote transmitter. All doors should lock
and then unlock to verify the keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times
maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter).
Repeat the above step to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters
into the electronic door lock control processor (up to four keyless entry remote
Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock and then unlock.
You can not reset the the keyless entry as far as i know. You can program in a new code but you must have the old code to do that. If you lost your code card go under the drivers side up inside under the radio. in the center above the hump. You may need to pull the carpet back or even some insulation. There you will find the module with a white tag on it that gives you the 5 digit code to your keyless pad. otherwise you will need to take it to the dealer for reprogramming.
Reprogram the keyless entry remotes. Take the vehicle to a Hyundai Service Center.. they'll give you an estimate of repairs (parts, labor, tax, time-frame, etc.). This way you'll know EXACTLY what's needed and the fix.