Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Never as it does not have a timing belt but instead has a timing chain that requires no maintenance and should last the life of the engine.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Three things are needed to cause firing of fuel in cylinders to cause the engine to run. Fuel, Air and spark in the cylinders.
1. Fuel sprays into cylinder during downward piston cycle
2. Air drawn into cylinder during downward piston cycle (intake)
3. Spark in cylinder near end of upward piston cycle
4. Explosive combustion pushes cylinder piston down
5. Valves open to remove exploded cylinder gases
Engine turns over but won't start:
1. Check for spark.
a. if spark not OK, remove distributor cap and verify distributor rotor rotates when engine start attempted
b. If rotor rotates OK (timing belt OK) check for proper voltages
to the coil
c. if rotor doesn't rotate, have it checked out/repaired by a qualified mechanic
2. If sparks OK, check for fuel to injectors
3. If fuel OK to injectors, verify fuel sprayed by injectors
4. If fuel sprayed by injectors, check spark timing
5. If spark timing OK and nothing found out by now, have it
checked out/repaired by a qualified mechanic
Posted on May 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2017 | 2000 Toyota Celica
Jul 09, 2015 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2013 | 1990 Toyota Celica
Sep 02, 2011 | 2000 Toyota Celica
Apr 28, 2010 | 2000 Toyota Celica
Nov 11, 2009 | 2002 Toyota Celica
Oct 06, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Celica
Jun 24, 2009 | 1985 Toyota Celica
Sep 20, 2008 | 1991 Toyota Corolla
Nov 23, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!