- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Master power window switch on the driver door may be bad.
2) Make sure the passenger door master switch has the passenger door switch enabled. If the switch on the passenger door wont raise the window, you probably have a bad window regulator. If it raises the window then the master switch is bad.
3) If the window makes noises when you use the switch and doesn;t raise, then the regulator is bad, Check EBAY for sales, that's where you or your mechanic can find them...Chris
Sounds like you have a problem with your window regulator. you need to unbolt the motor from the panel and take window off the regulator. I also have a 99 intrigue and my drivers side window did the same thing. The wire cords on the regulator where frayed and we replaced it. Found a new one of Autopartswarehouse.com for about $42 dollars with the motor.
Replace window regulator and motor. Procedure: Remove inside door panel, cut regulator wires, raise window manually and hold in place, undo bolts holding window glass to regulator, undo bolts holding regulator to door-frame, remove regulator. Reverse to install.
Once this device has failed (broken); you need to replace it. Once the cables are off, the regulator is beyond repair. This is a common failure with this model Camry; I regularly stock several window regulators in the parts dept and replace 5-6 a month.
The front guide (that is attached to the window and slides into the regulator) has probably come off or is lose. These are glued to the window and hard to get to. Best advise is to remove the window, re-glue, then replace window in the regulator guides.
The regulator is the scissor mechanism that raises and lowers the window.