Question about 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
just below and slightly on the left of the cover for the spark plugs and below the hose that comes off the air filter towards the back.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: No power leaving the relay
Are you testing the relay when the engine is cold?
The air injection pump works for a very short period of time during initial cold engine start.
Once the exhaust stream is warm enough to support O2 sensor function, the pump shuts off and will not come on again until conditions are met.
Let me know.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
If you have a "Air pump installed on your TB then you need to replace pump and or check to make sure that the hose's are all connect to it prior to replacing the pump which is dependisng on which engine you have on the lower left side (passenger)
1999-2003 Chevrolet Blazer, S10
1999-2001 GMC Jimmy
1999-2003 GMC Sonoma
1999-2001 Oldsmobile Bravada
All with 2.2L or 4.3L Engine (VINs 4, H, 5, W -- RPOs LN2, L43, L35)
Some owners may comment on the check engine light being illuminated. Upon
investigation, the technician may find a DTC P0410 indicating there is a concern in the
secondary air injection system.
This concern may be attributed to water that may have collected in the AIR pump or the
vent solenoid and frozen or corroded the pump.
Replace the AIR pump and install a new inlet hose and solenoid tube assembly using
the following procedure:
1. Prep vehicle.
2. Raise vehicle on hoist.
3. Remove shield covering AIR pump.
4. Remove hose and vacuum lines from pump and solenoid.
5. Remove AIR pump inlet hose. Do not re-use.
6. Disconnect electrical connectors from pump and solenoid.
7. Remove pump mounting bolts and pump.
8. Transfer isolators from the old pump to the new pump.
9. Install new AIR pump and bolts to vehicle. Tighten the bolts to 17N·m (12.5 lb ft).
10. Route new hose assembly up between engine and fender. It should come up near
the area between the battery and the coolant bottle.
11. Connect new inlet hose to pump inlet.
12. Connect old outlet hose to pump outlet.
13. Connect electrical connector to pump.
14. Connect electrical connector for solenoid to connector on the new hose assembly.
15. Connect the hose with the white nipple to the vacuum source hose.
16. Connect the remaining hose to the shut off valve.
17. Install shield covering AIR pump.
18. Lower vehicle.
19. Remove coolant reservoir nut nearest the battery.
20. Route new hose assembly between the battery and the coolant reservoir with the solenoid on top.
21. Install the solenoid bracket onto the coolant reservoir stud and reinstall the nut
back into the vehicle.
22. Use a wire tie to keep the new hose assembly away from the engine. On four
cylinder engines, tie to the AIR outlet hose. On six cylinder engines, tie to an
available hole in the radiator fan shroud.
Part Number Description Quantity
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
SOURCE: air pump relay 2005 trailblazer
It is in one of 2 places. Either in the underhood electrical center(fuse block), or under the truck on the driver side frame rail, rearward of the ABS brake module assembly.
Posted on Aug 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Sep 13, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT...
Jun 05, 2014 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT
Jan 18, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Aug 26, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Aug 04, 2010 | Chevrolet TrailBlazer Cars & Trucks
Oct 28, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Feb 21, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Nov 30, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
273 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: