Question about 1997 Ford F250 SuperCab

1 Answer

Unidentified Hose Theres a rubber hose, a couple inches around, that connects to my radiator & somewhere else. It's carries water & has a small cut in it now. I need to replace it ASAP, but don't know what it is. Any suggestions?

Posted by on


1 Answer

Take it off... and to the parts store to have them match it exactly. Take the new one back and put it on. Your done.

Don't Try to Fix a Cut hose.... it will only cost you in the long run....

Posted on Oct 24, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Upper radiator hose keeps leaking coolant, replaced the cuff ring but still seems to leak after a few days from the cuffed end of the hose. Does it need a new hose?

if it is leaking where it connects to the radiator it might be the radiator itself. take it to a shop and they can pressure test. some shops won't even charge for test.

Sep 14, 2012 | 1995 Buick Regal

2 Answers

My rig is a 1991 Ford F250, auto, 4x4 with a 460 engine. I have a antifreeze leak somewhere above my oil filter. I think it is coming out of the silver box that my bottom radiator hose goes into... but I...

Is that silver box by chance the water pump? I would imagine the small hose is for the heater ... The big hose goes in, that's where it would draw in the water/coolant mix.

Jun 24, 2011 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to replace the thermostat on 2003 mitsubishi galant?

Thermostat Removal & Installation To Remove:
Thermostat mitsubishi-03-24-3262.gif

  1. Drain the engine coolant.
  2. Remove the air cleaner.
  3. When disconnecting the radiator lower hose connection, put mating marks on the radiator lower hose and hose clamp before you disconnect them.
  4. Remove the water inlet fitting.
  5. Remove the thermostat.
To Install:
Thermostat mitsubishi-03-24-3262.gif

  1. Install the thermostat so the jiggle valve is facing straight up. Make sure not to fold or scratch the rubber ring. CAUTION
    Be certain that no oil gets onto the rubber ring of the thermostat. Also be cautious not to scratch or fold the rubber ring as you install it.
  2. Install the water inlet fitting.
  3. When connecting the radiator lower hose connection, do the following:
    • Step 1: Insert each hose as far as the projection on the water inlet fitting will go.
    • Step 2: Line up the mating marks on the radiator hose and hose clamp, then connect the radiator hose.
prev.gif next.gif

Jan 25, 2011 | 2003 Mitsubishi Galant

1 Answer

Gas leaks on right side by back tire

broken gas line ? cut line twice ( each side once) with pipe cutter (small plumbing tool) cut it long enough to be able to put the rubber hose you are buying, usually 6 inches of rubber hose for 4 inches of tubing cut off. remember to slide the 2 clips to hold the rubber hose secure and tighten them. test to see if it's good .

Jan 04, 2011 | 2002 Saturn L-Series

1 Answer

Hose broke and antifreeze all leaked out

heater hoses one in the back of the engine on the intake the other off the water pump, overflow hose from the radiator by the cap and then to the bottle then of course your radiator upper and lower hoses theres not any more than those.

Jul 23, 2010 | 1994 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

Where does the small water hoses hook up to the radiator

theres only one place for a small hose at the radiator, this is located right under the radiator cap and is used as an over flow hose. heres a picture to help you.6593b7c.jpg

Jul 10, 2010 | 1985 Ford F150

1 Answer

Leak in transmisson line around the trucks radiator

Most likely the rubber hose at the end of the metal trans lines, where they connect to the bottom of radiator
I would disconnect at the trans,cut the rubber hose off,and lay it out on the gound,where you can carefully cut off the furrell and just replace the hose using a clamp on both ends.

May 20, 2010 | 1992 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Nissan LEC 1994 sentra water leak problem

check your radiator if theres a bubbles while your engine runnin, if theres bubble, it means you overheat. check your cylinder head for warps... also check your fans...

May 09, 2010 | 1996 Nissan Sentra

1 Answer

Had a slight transmission leak,went under and noticed where a couple of the hoses connect with an adapter there was a slight crack in the hose,I cut back the hose a little,the hoses do not fit really tight...

No, the remote oil line hose needs to be replaced. There is an easier fix to this other then replacing the remote oil line. Just to make sure were on the same page, the transmission line has no rubber line and is a one piece metal line from the transmission to the radiator on the passenger side. The remote engine oil line is on the drivers side and is rubber and goes to the radiator and remote oil filter housing. That is the hose that is common to leak at the factory compression clamp where the rubber hose connects to the metal line. The factory compression clamp can be cut off and just place the rubber hose or replace the oil line and replace the compression clamp. Make sure it's a compression clamp and not a hose clamp, the compression clamp has a better all round clamping force to the hose and less to fail then the hose clamps. Good luck and keep me posted, be glad to answer any questions you may have and NAPA or Auto Zone will have all the parts you need to get the job done.

Mar 04, 2010 | 1997 GMC Jimmy

2 Answers

Water leak from cooling system, carn't see a water leak and have tried a bottle of rad weld, but its still loosing around a litre of water to every 50 miles. Any suggestions for self repair and where to...

If there isn't water obviously appearing from somewhere it's either a head gasket failure or radiator cap. Check the oil filler cap for emulsion. Just hope that it's the radiator cap.

Oct 20, 2009 | 1996 Volvo 960

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Ford F250 SuperCab Logo

Related Topics:

22 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

76848 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5546 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides