Question about 1998 Volvo V70
I was trying to reprogram a keyless entry remote by turning the key 5 times in less than 10 seconds and on the 5th try use my remote. Well that didn't work for one, and then my inside door handle on the front passenger side is stuck and won't open. It will open from the outside just fine. There are no child locks in the front that i can tell.
Please help me if you know how to get this handle functioning again. And it would be a bonus if you know how to program my keyless entry remote.
Okay u need to turn key on the number 1 position 5times on the 5th time leave key on number 1 position the within 30 seconds need to push the lock or unlock button ONCE but you need to do all remotes even the ones that work to reprogram all of the to now work the car.
also if door handle does not fix itself after this reprogramming you will need to remove the door panel and free up lock rod
Posted on May 13, 2017
Need to remove door panel either the linkage clip either broke or disconnected --if have remote start on fob need dealer to program--if normal try these links
Lexus Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions Free Keyless Remote Fob Entry programming instructions procedures for all...
Posted on May 13, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Reprograming a keyless remote
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram keyless entry system
1991-94 Nissan Maxima key less entry reprogramming procedure:
1. Enter the *original code found under the dashboard.
(*the code begins with the letter F and has 7 digits)
2. Close the doors and lock all of the doors,
enter the 7 digit code ( make sure you have your key in hand).
3. Once the code is entered correctly you will hear a long beep ♪ ♫.
While the beep ♪ ♫ is sounding ... ENTER your NEW 4 digit code, (you will then hear random beeps ♪ ♫)
Do not touch anything until the beeping ♪ ♫ stops.
4. To open the doors, the front windows and the trunk,
type: S(Clear) and the New 4 digit code and the door will open automatically.
5. IF by any chance you forget your new code. Just enter the original one and start all over.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
You have a broken latch that you will need to access from inside the car. Remove the door panel carefully and have a magnetic pickup tool handy to fish in the bottom of the door for any parts that fell to the bottom when the latch let go. To cheat, remove the door panel from the rear door too and you can see what is missing from the broken one.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
The Alarm on my Mercedes ML320 sounded every night, then it started doing it more often, Showed it to the dealer he says it's the 'Tow Sensor', that needs to be repaced. $700, down the drain. I have already started hating this car, it eats $500-600, every 6 months...
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
remove the door panels and give everything in sight a good squirt of engine oil in a proper oil can .DO NOT USE THAT SPRAY FISH OIL STUFF ,wd40
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2016 | 2004 Ford F150
Jun 01, 2014 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Jan 03, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 15, 2018 | 2001 Ford Mustang
Jun 06, 2010 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Mar 26, 2009 | 2004 Isuzu Rodeo
Mar 02, 2009 | 1996 Mercury Sable
Jan 13, 2009 | 1995 Lincoln Town Car
Nov 08, 2008 | 2000 Chevrolet Tracker
Oct 12, 2008 | 2003 Suzuki Aerio
197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: